SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The USC Upstate women's tennis team will look to wrap up its third year of Division I play on Tuesday afternoon by finishing alone in fourth place in the Atlantic Sun Conference instead of a three-way tie for the spot when Campbell comes into the USC Upstate Tennis Complex for a 2 p.m. match. Junior Emilia Milovanovic will also look for a personal milestone, as the Paris, France, native is just two wins away from becoming the fifth player in school history to reach 100 career combined wins. Milovanovic could become just the third player in school history to reach the mark as a junior, joining Diana Martinez '08 and Anna Novo '09 if she wins both her singles and doubles matches on Tuesday.
The match will also serve as Senior Day for the Spartans, with Upstate honoring Carolina Bello before the match. Bello was an all-conference singles player at the NAIA school Bethel College before transferring to Upstate in 2008. In two years at Upstate, Bello has won nine singles matches and 12 doubles matches while playing primarily at the top of the Spartans' singles lineup.
Last Meeting Recaps
March 21, 2009: Upstate 7, Campbell 0
The USC Upstate women's tennis team posted its 15th straight Atlantic Sun Conference win and the team's fifth straight win as it downed Campbell, 7-0. Both seniors Anna Novo and Daniella Lovera remained perfect on the season at 11-0 in dual matches, as the Spartans sent the Camels to their second straight defeat.
• In their third year of Division I play, the Spartans have an all-time record of 42-11 (.792).
• Upstate has posted 10 wins for the sixth straight season and for the ninth time in the last 10 years.
• The Spartans have posted six straight winning conference seasons, with three coming in the Division II Peach Belt Conference and three in the D-I A-Sun.
• Junior Emilia Milovanovic is one of 10 players in school history to post 10 singles wins in three straight seasons.
• Junior Emilia Milovanovic is fifth in school history in combined wins ... With 98 career wins, she is 12 wins away from passing former teammate Daniela Lovera (2005-09).
• Freshmen Francisca Valderrama become the 12th rookie in school history to win 10 singles matches with her win on Saturday at FGCU.
• Cinthya Lazaro is currently 14th in the school's career combined wins with 63 and her 36 singles wins are 12th in school history ... She is also 15th with 27 doubles wins.
• Cinthya Lazaro's 36-11 (.766) career singles record places her fifth in career winning percentage ... JuniorEmilia Milovanovic's 55-23 (.705) career doubles record is also fourth in career winning percentage.
• Upstate is 2-0 all-time against Campbell, clinching the school's first outright A-Sun title against the Camels in 2008.