Spartan Invitational Schedule Changed
Spartanburg, S.C. - Due to the forecast of rain developing Saturday afternoon and into evening, the schedule for the Spartan Invitational softball tournament at USC Upstate has been changed.
Friday's games will not be affected by the rain and the schedule for that day will remain the same. However, Saturday and Sunday's start times have changed.
On Saturday, the games will be moved up an hour with George Mason and Georgetown starting at 9:00 a.m. The other four games will begin at two-hour increments the rest of the day with the final game of the day between Howard and Youngstown State starting at 5:00 p.m. Saturday's schedule is:
- George Mason vs. Georgetown - 9:00 a.m.
- George Mason vs. Upstate - 11:00 a.m.
- Howard vs. Georgetown - 1:00 p.m.
- UNC Wilmington vs. Upstate - 3:00 p.m.
- Howard vs. Youngstown State - 5:00 p.m.
In addition to the change in schedule on Saturday, Sunday's three games have been moved back a half-hour with the George Mason-Youngstown State game beginning at 9:30 a.m. Sundays schedule is:
- George Mason vs. Youngstown State - 9:30 a.m.
- UNC Wilmington vs. Howard - 11:30 a.m.
- Georgetown vs. Upstate - 1:30 p.m.
For information on the Spartan Classic, check upstatespartans.com throughout the weekend.