Eagles Headline Menu at CBE Classic on Eve of Turkey Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: David Beall, firstname.lastname@example.org
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. - The USC Upstate men's basketball team ventures on to day two of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic, taking on Eastern Washington Wednesday evening in the second of three Thanksgiving week games in California.
Upstate dropped a 20-point decision Tuesday evening, falling 85-65 to Santa Clara, while Eastern Washington let a 12-point halftime lead slip away and fell 86-83 to cap day one of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic in the Leavey Center. The Matchup between the Spartans and Eagles is the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
Fans can follow Upstate against Eastern Washington through live video by clicking here and live in-game statistics by clicking here. ESPN Spartanburg 97.1 FM and 1400 AM will broadcast the game that can also be heard online by clicking here. Fans can follow on twitter @UPSTMBB and can join the conversation with the hashtag #UpstateHoops.
- The Spartans are looking to break their current two-game skid and get back on track as they face a winless EWU team. Upstate has not lost three straight games since falling on the road at UNC Asheville, Dayton and No. 2 Ohio State last season.
- After scoring just 19 points in the first half against Santa Clara, Upstate put together its best offensive half of its three road games, tallying 46 points and shooting 42 percent from the field.
- The previous high for points in a half in each of its three road losses was a 31-point output in the second half at Saint Louis to open the season. According to head coach Eddie Payne, the Spartans "Made some significant strides in the second half."
- With another 17 points Tuesday evening against Santa Clara, Torrey Craig is the only Upstate player to score in double figures in all four games this season. His 17.5 point per game average leads the Spartans and ranks third in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Ricardo Glenn's second-half surge against Santa Clara propelled the junior to 500 career points and his 10 rebounds in the contest was the first double-digit rebound performance for the Spartans this season.
- In his first start of the year, Babatunde Olumuyiwa shined in the middle, scoring a season-high eight points and finishing with nine rebounds. The nine boards is the second-highest rebound total for the junior who tallied his career-high 11 rebounds against North Florida during his freshman campaign.
- With 12 points against Santa Clara, Adrian Rodgers notched his second double-digit scoring performance this season and joins Torrey Craig as the only Upstate player averaging double figures who has played in all four games.
- Eastern Washington is the definition of a balanced scoring attack with three starters averaging double figures. Justin Crosgile leads the way at 18.0 points per game and has dished out a team-high 26 assists.
- The Eagles have seen a second-half drop off in every game this season and Tuesday's 12-point halftime lead that quickly evaporated is just the beginning. EWU has been outscored by just 18 points in the first half this season, while opponents are outscoring the Eagles by 42 points in the second half. Tuesday's halftime advantage for Eastern Washington is the first lead they have held at intermission all year.