Spartans Look to Make it Four-in-a-Row Thursday Night
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Riding its first three-game win streak since the 2008-09 season, the USC Upstate men's basketball looks to secure its first four-game win streak of the Division I era with a win over Jacksonville State Thursday night in the Hodge Center.
For those fans that cannot attend Sunday's contest, there are several ways you can follow the action from the opening tip to the final horn. Fans can follow the action by clicking the live stats and live video links above.
Join the Conversation on Twitter: @UpstateSpartans
• Against Victory (11/27/11) Shane Porchea scored a career-best eight points. He tied a career-mark with three made field goals. Babatunde Olumuyiwa tallied three of Upstate's four blocks. Carter Cook recorded the other Spartan rejection. Ty Greene led the Spartans with three assists, tying a career-high. Eight other players recorded at least one assist against the Eagles.
• Torrey Craig paced the Spartans with 20 points in the 78-63 victory over UTPA (11/25/11). Craig connected on 7-of-10 FG attempts (2-5, 3FGs) and was a perfect 4-of-4 at the line. Adrian Rodgers and Ricardo Glenn pitched in 12 points and 11 points, respectively, to help Upstate claim their second home victory of the season.
• The Spartans tallied 16 assists on 28 made field goals against UTPA (11/25/11).
• After using five different lineups in its first five games, Upstate used a familiar lineup against UTPA (11/25/11). The Spartans are now 3-0 when Mario Blessing, Torrey Craig, Ricardo Glenn, Ty Greene and Chalmers Rogers are the starting five.
• Ricardo Glenn earned UTPA Tip-Off Classic All-Tournament honors as well as A-Sun Player of the Week accolades after averaging 14.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per outing in three games in Edinburg, Texas. Glenn also sank 69.6% of his field goal attempts over the weekend.
• Ricardo Glenn set career marks in points (19) and field goals made (8) in Upstate's 82-74 win over Texas State. Against the Bobcats, Torrey Craig notched his first double-double of the season with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
• Ty Greene scored a career-best 20 points in the five-point loss to Toledo (11/19/11). Greene connected on a career-best five triples against the Rockets.
• Ricardo Glenn and Torrey Craig led the Spartans with 15 points each in the 70-66 win over UTPA (11/18/11). Jodd Maxey contributed to the effort with a career-best 13 points.
• After scoring just four points at Arkansas (11/11/11), Torrey Craig quadrupled that total with 16 points behind a 6-for-11 effort from the field against Piedmont College (11/14/11). He was also just one rebound shy of a double-double.
• Rob Elam grabbed a career-high four rebounds against Piedmont College (11/14/11).
• Ty Greene scored a then-career-best 13 points in Upstate's victory over Piedmont College (11/14/11). He connected on four field goal attempts and four free throw attempts.
One, Two, Three... Part One
For just the second time in the Division I era, Upstate is riding a three-game win streak. The Spartans began the streak with a neutral site victory over Texas State (W, 82-74, 11/20/11). The squad picked up back-to-back home wins over Texas-Pan American (W, 78-63, 11/25/11) and Victory University (W, 88-54, 11/27/11).
The last three-game win streak for the Spartans came during the 2008-09 campaign. That season, Upstate won at Jacksonville (W, 70-59, 2/1/09), before downing both Stetson (W, 54-53, 2/7/09) and Florida Gulf Coast (W, 71-62, 2/9/09) in the Hodge Center.
One, Two, Three... Part Two
The Spartans have opened the 2011-12 season on a three-game home winning streak. Upstate last won its first three home contests in the 2005-06 season. Upstate opened the '05-06 season with home wins over Limestone (W, 75-64, 11/26/05), UNC Pembroke (W, 82-65, 12/3/05) and Mars Hill (W, 79-77, 12/10/05). The Spartans won its first five home games that year and finished with a 10-3 mark at the Hodge Center.