Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate softball team hit three home runs on Monday afternoon, including two from Alicia Dorgan, as the Spartans completed a three-game sweep of the Radford Highlanders with a 5-3 victory on Senior Day at Cyrill Stadium.
USC Upstate improves to 37-10 on the season and 17-4 in Big South play while Radford falls to 18-26 overall and 8-8 in the conference.
- Top 2nd – Radford took an early 1-0 lead when Destiny Freeman hit a solo home run to right center field to lead off the inning.
- Top 3rd – Talia Douglas extended the Highlanders lead to 3-0 on her two-run homer to left field.
- Bottom 3rd – Alyssa Oakes tied the game at 3-3 for the Spartans after hitting her team-leading 21st home run of the season, a three-run blast, to right field. USC Upstate put the first two runners on base to begin the inning as Hussey singled to left field and Sarah Priced doubled off the left field wall.
- Bottom 4th – Dorgan hit her first home run of the game with one-out to left field and gave the Spartans a 4-3 lead.
- Bottom 6th – Dorgan followed in the sixth with her second home run to center field and extended USC Upstate's lead to 5-3.
- Biggerstaff (23-3) picked up the win with a complete game effort and gave up three runs on 11 hits, no walks and seven strikeouts.
- Biggerstaff is now tied with Morgan Childers (2009) for ninth-most wins in a season in program history.
- Jessie Marvin (8-12) suffered the loss pitching six innings and allowed five runs on 11 hits, two walks and three strikeouts.
- Price, Oakes, Case, Dorgan and Hussey all had a team-leading two hits for the Spartans.
- Oakes went 2-for-2 with three RBI and one run scored.
- Oakes moves into second place all-time for home runs and RBI in a season.
- Oakes is two home runs away from tying Shellie Robinson (2015) and three RBI from Stacey Berrong (1996) for first in program history.
- Dorgan contributed two RBI and two runs scored.
- Douglas, Freeman and Hannah Medlam all had two hits for Radford.
- Douglas finished with a team-high two RBI.
- USC Upstate travels to Columbia, S.C. on Wednesday, April 17 for a 6 p.m. non-conference game against No. 16 South Carolina.
Follow USC Upstate softball on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateSoftball), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).