Buies Creek, N.C. – The USC Upstate women's soccer team closed out its regular season on Tuesday evening falling 4-0 on the road to the Campbell Camels in Big South action at Eakes Athletics Complex.
USC Upstate drops to 10-8 overall and 5-5 in the Big South while Campbell improves to 6-10-1 on the season and 5-4-1 in conference play.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Camels held a 25-12 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 7-5 in corner kicks.
- USC Upstate led 8-1 in saves.
- Abbie Ellis and Isabella Burns led the Spartans offensively with four shots each while Burns added one attempt on goal.
- Alexa Genas scored twice for Campbell while Anna Brantley and Kylee Arno added one goal apiece.
- Jessica Donald, Rosie O'Neal and Emma Bushee all dished out one assist.
- Logan Pace set a new career-high in goal by registering eight saves.
- Camel goalie Erin Scott grabbed one save.
- Genas recorded her first goal of the game in the 41st minute off the assist from O'Neal. Genas went around one defender and scored into the bottom-left portion of the net. (USC Upstate 0, Campbell 1)
- Brantley extended Campbell's lead in the 47th minute following her header off a cross from Donald. (USC Upstate 0, Campbell 2)
- Genas added her second goal in the 80th minute to make it a 3-0 game. Genas took a pass from Bushee and beat a defender allowing her to score right side. (USC Upstate 0, Campbell 3)
- Arno scored unassisted just before the end of regulation in the middle of the net after gathering the ball in traffic. (USC Upstate 0, Campbell 4)
- USC Upstate is the No. 6 seed for the Big South Women's Soccer Championship and will travel to third-seeded Longwood on Friday evening at 7 p.m. in the quarterfinal round.
Follow USC Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).