High Point, N.C. – The USC Upstate women's soccer team dropped a 4-1 decision to the High Point Panthers in Big South play Saturday afternoon at Vert Stadium.
USC Upstate falls to 4-5 on the season and 0-2 in conference play while High Point improves to 3-5-2 overall and 1-0-1 in the league.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Panthers held a 21-8 advantage in shots including an 8-5 mark in attempts on goal.
- High Point also led 8-1 in corner kicks.
- Both teams finished the game with four saves.
- Montanna Hill led the Spartans offensively with her second goal of the season and tied for the team-lead with two shots.
- Isabella Burns also had two shots.
- Alex Denny, who had a team-high five shots, scored twice for the Panthers while Ashlyn Kearney and Caitlin Shepherd also had one goal.
- Skyler Prillaman, Carsyn Gold and Charla Ward each dished out one assist.
- Making her first collegiate start in goal, Madison McNally grabbed four saves.
- Emily Lyon and Talia Klimes both had two saves for High Point.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Hill cut USC Upstate's deficit down to 4-1 in the 74th minute scoring unassisted. (USC Upstate 1, High Point 4)
HIGH POINT GOALS
- Kearney put the Panthers ahead in the 22nd minute off the assist from Ward. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 1)
- Denny recorded her first goal of the game in the 48th minute with Prillaman being credited with the assist. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 2)
- Denny followed with her second goal in the 51st minute scoring unassisted. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 3)
- Shepherd scored in the 68th minute to put High Point ahead by four goals with Gold earning the assist. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 4)
- The Spartans return to County University Soccer Stadium for their first Big South home game on Wednesday, Sept. 26 hosting Charleston Southern at 7 p.m.
Follow USC Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).