Spartanburg, S.C. – Jada Kinlaw recorded her first career multi-goal game on Friday evening as the USC Upstate women's soccer team captured a 3-0 victory over the North Greenville Crusaders at County University Soccer Stadium.
With the win, USC Upstate improves to 2-1 on the season.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Spartans held a 19-7 advantage over North Greenville in shots highlighted by a 12-1 mark in the second half.
- USC Upstate also led 9-6 in corner kicks.
- Kinlaw paced the Spartans offensively with her first two goals of the season and attempted a team-high four shots including three on-goal.
- Delaney Bussey registered her first goal of the season while Isabella Burns dished out her first assist of the year.
- Mary Puryear took a team-leading two shots, both on-goal, for the Crusaders.
- Samantha Munyon grabbed five saves for the second straight game and picked up her fifth career shutout.
- Brianna Rowe had seven saves for North Greenville.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Kinlaw collected her first goal of the game in the 8th minute after the Crusaders failed to clear the ball out of their defense. Kinlaw picked up the failed clear and lofted her shot over the head of Rowe. (North Greenville 0, USC Upstate 1)
- Bussey increased USC Upstate's lead to 2-0 in the 76th minute off a cross far side from Burns. The cross by Burns went through the North Greenville defense and Bussey scored on a one-timer. (North Greenville 0, USC Upstate 2)
- Kinlaw followed a few minutes later with her second goal of the game in the 82nd minute to make it a 3-0 contest. She gained possession of the ball and dribbled into the 18-yard box scoring near side. (North Greenville 0, USC Upstate 3)
- The Spartans head to Normal, Ala. on Monday, August 27 for a non-conference game against Alabama A&M at 4 p.m.
Follow USC Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).