Spartanburg, S.C. – Abbie Ellis scored a pair of goals but the Lipscomb Bisons erased a 2-1 deficit as they defeated USC Upstate 3-2 in ASUN women's soccer action at County University Soccer Stadium on Saturday.
Lipscomb improves to 7-5-3 overall and 4-0-1 in conference play while Upstate drops to 6-8-1 and 1-3-1.
Stats of the Match
- Lipscomb outshot Upstate 28-5 and held a 13-4 edge in shots on goal.
- Ellen Lundy took a match-high eight shots for Lipscomb. Brooke Brenner attempted six shots.
- Ellis took three shots to lead Upstate. Jada Kinlaw and Isabella Burns took one shot each.
- Brooke Bailey tied a season-high with nine saves.
- Kate Mason made two saves for Lipscomb.
- Lipscomb attempted 12 corner kicks while Upstate took three corner kicks.
- All five goals in the match came in the second half.
- Natalie DuBoise got the Bisons on the board with her goal off of a corner kick in the 46th minute. (Lipscomb 1, USC Upstate 0)
- Justis Bailey stole the ball from an Upstate defender and fed a pass to Oliva Doak, who tied the match with her third goal of the season in the 55th minute. (Lipscomb 2, USC Upstate 2)
- Jordan Walsh netted her first goal of the season as she took a pass from Alliyah Parker and finished inside the left post in the 70th minute. (Lipscomb 3, USC Upstate 2)
USC Upstate Goals
- Following a handball inside the 18-yard box, Upstate was awarded its second penalty kick of the season. Ellis scored her second goal on a penalty kick and fourth overall as she tied the match in the 48th minute. (Lipscomb 1, USC Upstate 1)
- Ellis gained control of a loose ball in the box and beat Mason with a goal in the left side to give the Spartans their first lead of the afternoon in the 52nd minute. (Lipscomb 1, USC Upstate 2)
- Upstate travels to Jacksonville on Tuesday for a 4 p.m. matchup.
Follow Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).