Greenville, S.C. – Delaney Bussey scored a pair of goals as the USC Upstate women's soccer team earned a 5-0 victory over Bob Jones in Upstate's final non-conference match of the season at Alumni Field.
Upstate improves to 5-5-1 overall while Bob Jones drops to 3-7.
Stats of the Match
- Tonight's win marks the highest single-season win total for the Spartans in the Division I era.
- Upstate enjoyed an 18-2 advantage in shots and a 10-1 edge in shots on goal.
- Bussey and Isabella Burns led Upstate with three shots. Emelie Valenciano and Kristin Thompson took two shots each.
- Abby Davis and Marissa Allebach attempted one shot each for the Bruins.
- The Spartans held a 6-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Samantha Munyon made one save for Upstate. All three of Munyon's wins this season have been shutouts.
- Jessica Baun made five saves for Bob Jones.
- The five goal output is the most for the Spartans since a 5-0 win over The Citadel on Aug. 23, 2015.
USC Upstate Goals
- Emma Honis gave Upstate a 1-0 lead in the 21st minute with her third goal of the season. (USC Upstate 1, Bob Jones 0)
- Bussey took advantage of a misplayed ball by Baun as she came out to challenge. Bussey chipped the ball into the net for her second goal of the season in the 55th minute. (USC Upstate 2, Bob Jones 0)
- Bussey finished a Burns cross that was played in for her second goal of the match in the 58th minute. (USC Upstate 3, Bob Jones 0)
- A cross from Katerine Gonzalez was played in to the center of the box where Mia Raiff headed the ball in for her first collegiate goal in the 67th minute. (USC Upstate 4, Bob Jones 0)
- Autumn Gore tallied her first goal of the season in the 70th minute as she fired a shot from 30 yards out to the right side. (USC Upstate 5, Bob Jones 0)
- Upstate travels to North Florida on Friday for a 7 p.m. match.
Follow Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).