Clinton, S.C. – Erin Wright and Jada Kinlaw each scored a second half goal while Samantha Munyon made four saves in her collegiate debut as the USC Upstate women's soccer team earned a 2-0 victory over Presbyterian College on Wednesday night at Martin Stadium.
Upstate improves to 3-4-0 while Presbyterian College drops to 2-4-0.
Stats of the Match
- Upstate outshot Presbyterian College 13-7 but the Blue Hose held a 4-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- Abbie Ellis and Emelie Valenciano each attempted three shots for the Spartans.
- Morgan Hutchison and Jessica Powell each took two shots for the Blue Hose.
- The Spartans had all five corner kicks in the match.
- Munyon stopped all four shots she faced.
- Abby Jones made one save for Presbyterian College.
- The win is the first for the Spartans over Presbyterian College since a 1-0 double-overtime victory on September 16, 2012.
USC Upstate Goals
- Wright took advantage of a deflection off of a Presbyterian College player and headed the ball into the net for her second goal of the season in the 69th minute. (USC Upstate 1, Presbyterian College 0)
- Kinlaw scored her first goal of the season in the 89th minute as Jones misplayed the ball after coming out of the box to defend. (USC Upstate 2, Presbyterian College 0)
- Upstate remains on the road as the Spartans travel to UNC Asheville on Saturday for a 7 p.m. contest.
Follow Upstate women's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateWSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).