Ninety Six, S.C. – The USC Upstate women's golf team concluded play at the Big South Women's Golf Championship on Saturday finishing in a tie for fourth place out of 11 teams at the par 72, 6230-yard The Patriot Golf Club.
USC Upstate concluded the final two rounds of play on Saturday with scores of 310 and 309 to finish in a tie for fourth place in the team standings with Presbyterian at 925 (306-310-309).
Campbell captured the Big South Women's Golf Championship after shooting a combined score of 5-over par 869. Samantha Vodry of High Point won individual medalist honors by three strokes at 4-under 212.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Patriot Golf Club was the longest course the Spartans played this season at 6,230 yards.
- Playing with 25th-ranked Campbell throughout the tournament, USC Upstate had three players finish inside the top-20 in Pan Paksanont, Brooke Hutto and Beem Pabsimma.
- Paksanont was the top individual performer for the Spartans recording a finish of 11th place with a combined score of 225 (72-75-78).
- Paksanont had the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate with a second round 75.
- Hutto contributed a tie for 16th place performance with rounds of 76-77-77 to conclude the tournament at 230.
- Pabsimma had the lowest score in the third round with a 76 and finished in 20th place at 233 (77-80-76).
- A total of one stroke separated Anna Chanthaphaeng and Kathryn Elliott who finished in 38th and 39th places, respectively.
- Chanthaphaeng compiled a total score of 241 (82-78-81) and Elliott 242 (81-83-78).
- The Spartans wrapped up the tournament with a 3.30 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.44 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.12 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also registered 164 pars and 14 birdies.
- The Spartans ranked second at the tournament in pars, and were fourth in both par 3 scoring and par 4 scoring.
- Paksanont led the team in par 3 scoring (3.17 stroke average), par 4 scoring (4.20 stroke average) and pars (38).
- Paksanont tied for the tournament-lead in pars.
- Hutto compiled a team-leading even-par, 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring and five birdies.
- Paksanont added four birdies, Chanthaphaeng three, and Pabsimma and Elliott one each.
- 1st Campbell 293-283-293=869
- 2nd High Point 297-297-303=897
- 3rd Winthrop 312-304-306=922
- T-4th USC Upstate 306-310-309=925
- T-4th Presbyterian 306-300-319=925
- 6th Charleston Southern 309-307-313=929
- 7th Longwood 314-307-313=934
- 8th Radford 311-311-315=937
- 9th Gardner-Webb 325-313-314=952
- 10th UNC Asheville 328-312-313=953
- 11th Hampton 364-347-342=1053
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- 11th Pan Paksanont 72-75-78=225
- T-16th Brooke Hutto 76-77-77=230
- 20th Beem Pabsimma 77-80-76=233
- 38th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82-78-81=241
- 39th Kathryn Elliott 81-83-78=242
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).