Morganton, N.C. – Pan Paksanont and Beem Pabsimma both recorded finishes of tied for 10th place on Monday to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team on the final day of the Mimosa Hills Intercollegiate from the par 72, 6161-yard Mimosa Hills Golf and Country Club.
USC Upstate carded a final round 309 on Monday and finished in seventh place with a combined score of 628 (319-309).
Elon won the Mimosa Hills Intercollegiate by 13 strokes with a 609. Adel Vadkerti of Elon captured individual medalist honors at even-par 144.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans had the second-lowest score of the day with their second round 309.
- USC Upstate improved its second day score by ten strokes from the first round and had five players post scores in the 70's.
- Paksanont recorded her third top-10 finish this season while Pabsimma contributed her second.
- Paksanont and Kathryn Elliott tallied the lowest rounds of the day at 76.
- Paksanont combined to shoot a 154 (78-76) for the tournament.
- Pabsimma had a final round 79 and also concluded the tournament at 154 (75-79).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng compiled a 79 in the final round and recorded a finish of tied for 29th with a combined score of 161 (82-79).
- Elliott and Brooke Hutto both finished in a tie for 35th place with a total score of 162.
- Elliott improved her second round score by 10 strokes from Sunday and registered rounds of 86-76 for the tournament.
- Hutto had a final round 78 and compiled rounds of 84-78.
- Playing as individuals, Marley DeFreitas finished in a tie for 25th while Caroline Heustess recorded a 50th place performance.
- DeFreitas had a final round 82 and finished at 160 (78-82) for the tournament.
- Heustess collected a round of 86 and combined to shoot 177 (91-86) overall.
- 1st Elon 310-299=609
- 2nd Longwood 309-313=622
- 3rd Gardner-Webb 313-310=623
- T-4th Elon (B) 312-313=625
- T-4th Appalachian State 310-315=625
- 6th Wofford 314-312=626
- 7th USC Upstate 319-309=628
- 8th Western Carolina 321-330=-651
- 9th Sandhills CC 353-335=688
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-10th Pan Paksanont 78-76=154
- T-10th Beem Pabsimma 75-79=154
- T-25th Marley DeFreitas 78-82 (Playing as an individual)
- T-29th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82-79=161
- T-35th Brooke Hutto 84-78=162
- T-35th Kathryn Elliott 86-76=162
- 50th Caroline Heustess 91-86=177 (Playing as an individual)
- The Spartans travel to Ninety Six, S.C. April 11-13 for the Big South Women's Golf Championship at The Patriot Golf Club.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).