Edisto Island, S.C. – Beem Pabsimma compiled the first top-10 finish of her career on Monday afternoon as the USC Upstate women's golf team wrapped up play at the Edisto Island Invitational from the par 71, 5902-yard The Plantation Course at Edisto.
USC Upstate carded a final round 314 and finished in 11th place of the team standings with a combined score of 919 (304-301-314).
North Florida won the Edisto Island Invitational by three strokes at 867. Thitaree Sakulbunpanich of Delaware and James Madison's Kate Owens captured individual medalist honors at 6-under par 207.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Pabsimma finished with a final round 76 and collected her first career top-10 performance at 2-over par 215 (71-68-76).
- Pan Paksanont tied Pabsimma for the lowest round of the day with a 76 and recorded a 32nd place finish with a total score of 225 (74-75-76).
- Brooke Hutto and Anna Chanthaphaeng both tied for 58th place with a combined score of 240 as Hutto had a final round 80 and Chanthaphaeng an 82.
- Hutto tallied rounds of 81-79-80 and Chanthaphaeng 79-79-82.
- Caroline Heustess rounded out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans in a tie for 70th place as her final round 82 gave her a total score of 246 (80-84-82).
- USC Upstate concluded the tournament with a 3.32 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.34 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.58 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 145 pars and 27 birdies.
- Pabsimma led the team in par 4 scoring (4.06 stroke average), par 5 scoring (-2, 4.78 stroke average) and birdies (11).
- Pabsimma finished the tournament tied for fourth in birdies.
- Paksanont had a team-leading even-par, 3.00 stroke average in par 3 scoring and 34 pars.
- Paksanont contributed six birdies, Heustess four, and Hutto and Chanthaphaeng three apiece.
- 1st North Florida 284-286-297=867
- 2nd Delaware 296-278-296=870
- 3rd Seton Hall 297-278-299=874
- 4th College of Charleston 297-282-298=877
- 5th Xavier 288-283-307=878
- 6th College of Charleston 306-290-299=895
- 7th Bethune-Cookman 303-295-305=903
- 8th Elon 301-298-305=904
- 9th James Madison 296-298-312=906
- 10th Presbyterian 300-299-317=916
- 11th USC Upstate 304-301-314=919
- 12th Charleston Southern 298-312-315=925
- 13th Morehead State 312-318-314=944
- 14th William & Mary 321-309-329=959
- 15th Western Carolina 315-327-321=963
- 16th The Citadel 336-330-366=1032
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-7th Beem Pabsimma 71-68-76=215
- 32nd Pan Paksanont 74-75-76=225
- T-58th Brooke Hutto 81-79-80=240
- T-58th Anna Chanthaphaeng 79-79-82=240
- T-70th Caroline Heustess 80-84-82=246
- USC Upstate returns to the course April 7-8 for the Mimosa Hills Intercollegiate in Morganton, N.C.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).