Hilton Head, S.C. – Beem Pabsimma is currently in a tie for 16th place and leads the USC Upstate women's golf team individually after the first round of the Low Country Intercollegiate on Saturday from the par 72, 5836-yard Moss Creek Golf Club.
USC Upstate is currently tied for 12th place with Presbyterian through day one at 322. A total of four strokes separate the Spartans from Appalachian State in seventh place.
Bethune-Cookman leads the Low Country Intercollegiate after round one by five strokes at 298. Yudika Rodriguez of Bethune-Cookman sits atop the individual leaderboard by two strokes at 2-under par 70.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Pabsimma carded the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate shooting a 77 and is tied for 16th place.
- A total of three strokes separate Pan Paksanont, Anna Chanthaphaeng and Brooke Hutto.
- Paksanont sits tied for 35th place with an 80 while Chanthaphaeng is tied for 43rd at 82 and Hutto tied for 51st at 83.
- Kathryn Elliott rounds out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans in 89th place with a 91.
- Playing as individuals, Caroline Heustess and Marley DeFreitas are tied for 68th and 77th places, respectively.
- Heustess recorded a first round 86 and DeFreitas an 87.
- USC Upstate finished the opening round with a 3.40 stroke average in par 3 scoring (tied for fourth at tournament), 4.78 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.30 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans are also tied for fourth with 51 pars while contributing one birdie.
- Paksanont and Hutto both have 3.25 stroke averages in par 3 scoring.
- Heustess is tied for eighth in par 3 scoring with an even-par, 3.00 stroke average.
- Pabsimma has a team-best 4.30 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 13 pars (tied for fifth at tournament).
- Pabsimma and Paksanont are both tied for ninth at the tournament in par 5 scoring at even-par with a 5.00 stroke average.
- DeFreitas also has an even-par, 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring to sit in a tie for ninth in that category.
- Paksanont is presently tied for ninth place in pars with 12.
- Paksanont and DeFreitas have both registered one birdie each.
- 1st Bethune-Cookman 298
- 2nd Navy 303
- 3rd Columbia 307
- T-4th Limestone 311
- T-4th Elon 311
- 6th Winthrop 314
- 7th Appalachian State 318
- T-8th USC Beaufort 319
- T-8th Wofford 319
- T-10th Radford 320
- T-10th Brown 320
- T-12th Presbyterian 322
- T-12th USC Upstate 322
- 14th Gardner-Webb 331
- 15th The Citadel 334
- 16th Lander 350
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-16th Beem Pabsimma 77
- T-35th Pan Paksanont 80
- T-43rd Anna Chanthaphaeng 82
- T-51st Brooke Hutto 83
- T-68th Caroline Heustess 86 (playing as an individual)
- T-77th Marley DeFreitas 87 (playing as an individual)
- 89th Kathryn Elliott 91
- The final round of the Low Country Intercollegiate will tee off at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).