Kiawah Island, S.C. – For the first time in program history, the USC Upstate women's golf team will play for the Osprey Point Championship as the Spartans carded a second round 300 on Monday during the second round of the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic from the par 72, 5941-yard Oak Point Golf Club.
Tabbed as the largest collegiate tournament in the country, USC Upstate currently sits in a tie for 13th place out of 49 teams with UNC Greensboro and Elon at 601 (301-300).
North Florida leads the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic by four strokes over Coastal Carolina at 1-over 577. South Florida's Ramya Meenakshisundaram and Amy Wooten of Western Carolina sit atop the individual leaderboard at 5-under par 139.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans turned in an average score of 75.8 on Monday which bested the course average at Oak Point by nearly two strokes at 77.28.
- All five golfers finished with scores in the 70's led by Pan Paksanont with a second round 74.
- USC Upstate has now had all five golfers card rounds of 75 or better through the first two rounds of the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic.
- Paksanont is currently the top individual performer for the Spartans tied for 32nd place at 3-over par 147 (73-74).
- Brooke Hutto is the second-highest golfer tied for 70th with a 151 (75-76).
- Kathryn Elliott finished the day tied for 85th position with a total score of 152 (73-79).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng and Beem Pabsimma both had rounds of 75 on Monday to round out the individual leaderboard.
- Chanthaphaeng is tied for 123rd place at 155 (80-75) and Pabsimma tied for 163rd with a 159 (84-75).
- USC Upstate has compiled a 3.29 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.30 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.09 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans have also recorded 97 pars and are tied for fifth among the tournament field with 25 birdies.
- Hutto is tied for fifth place in par 3 scoring at 1-under par with a 2.89 stroke average.
- Elliott ranks tied for 10th in par 4 scoring at even-par to go with a 4.00 stroke average.
- Paksanont is 2-under par with a 4.78 stroke average on par 5 holes while Hutto sits at 1-under par and a 4.89 stroke average.
- Chanthaphaeng leads USC Upstate with 23 pars.
- Hutto has recorded a team-leading seven birdies.
- Paksanont has contributed six birdies, Elliott five, Pabsimma four and Chanthaphaeng three.
- 1st North Florida 293-284=577
- 2nd Coastal Carolina 286-295=581
- T-3rd Delaware 289-296=585
- T-3rd College of Charleston (B) 291-294=585
- T-5th Tulsa 290-299=589
- T-5th Stetson 290-299=589
- 7th Youngstown State 293-297=590
- 8th South Florida 291-300=591
- 9th High Point 296-297=593
- 10th College of Charleston 296-298=594
- 11th Western Carolina 295-302=597
- 12th Jacksonville 305-293=598
- T-13th UNC Greensboro 294-307=601
- T-13th USC Upstate 301-300=601
- T-13th Elon 303-298=601
- 16th Georgia Southern 304-300=604
- 17th Bethune-Cookman 298-307=605
- T-18th Boston 304-304=608
- T-18th IUPUI 313-295=608
- 20th UT Arlington 309-300=609
- 21st Jacksonville State 306-304=610
- 22nd Tennessee Tech 310-303=613
- T-23rd Navy 303-311=614
- T-23rd Quinnipiac 299-315=614
- T-23rd UNC Asheville 307-307=614
- 26th Wyoming 305-311=616
- T-27th Fairleigh Dickinson 311-306=617
- T-27th SCAD-Savannah 302-315=617
- 29th Lehigh 306-312=618
- 30th Charleston Southern 306-314=620
- T-31st Presbyterian 309-312=621
- T-31st Indiana State 315-306=621
- 33rd South Dakota 311-311=622
- 34th Omaha 309-315=624
- 35th Butler 313-312=625
- 36th Richmond 309-317=626
- 37th Longwood 320-307=627
- 38th Murray State 308-320=628
- 39th Sacred Heart 322-308=630
- 40th Bucknell 323-310=633
- 41st William & Mary 328-307=635
- 42nd Towson 320-317=637
- 43rd Lipscomb 306-333=639
- 44th Dayton 326-319=645
- 45th Hofstra 343-323=666
- 46th Fairfield 344-325=669
- 47th North Alabama 333-339=672
- 48th Hampton 347-343=690
- 49th Monmouth 362-339=701
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-32nd Pan Paksanont 73-74=147
- T-70th Brooke Hutto 75-76=151
- T-85th Kathryn Elliott 73-79=152
- T-123rd Anna Chanthaphaeng 80-75=155
- T-163rd Beem Pabsimma 84-75=159
- The final round of the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic will tee off at 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).