Amelia Island, Fla. – Brooke Hutto carded a final round 75 to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team during the final round of the Amelia Island Collegiate from the par 72, 6029-yard Amelia National Golf Club.
USC Upstate posted a team score of 315 and finished in 13th place after shooting a combined 941 (314-312-315).
North Florida won the Amelia Island Collegiate by 11 strokes over Florida Gulf Coast at 894. FGCU's Laura Edmonds captured individual medalist honors at 3-over par 219.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The final round of the Amelia Island Collegiate began with tougher weather conditions than the first day and worsened as the day progressed.
- The third round 315 carded by the Spartans was tied for the seventh-lowest score of the day.
- Hutto's final round 75 was the lowest score of the day for USC Upstate and tied for fifth-lowest among the tournament field on Tuesday.
- Hutto led the Spartans individually tying for 30th place, moving up 19 spots on the leaderboard, with a total score of 232 (78-79-75).
- Hutto finished her final eight holes at 2-under par with birdies on the 7th, 10th and 12th holes.
- Beem Pabsimma finished one stroke behind Hutto and tied for 36th position at 233 (79-75-79).
- Pan Paksanont concluded the tournament in a tie for 45th after shooting a 235 (78-80-77).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng and Marley DeFreitas rounded out the individual standings for the Spartans. Chanthaphaeng tied for 60th place with a 241 (79-78-84) and DeFreitas 83rd at 258 (85-84-89).
- Playing as an individual, Kathryn Elliott placed in a tie for 74th with a 248 (85-79-84).
- USC Upstate finished the tournament with a 3.37 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.45 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.48 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also recorded 147 pars and 19 birdies.
- Hutto led USC Upstate in par 3 scoring (+1, 3.08 stroke average), par 4 scoring (4.23 stroke average) and birdies (7).
- Paksanont had a team-best 5.17 stroke average in par 5 scoring and 35 pars.
- Pabsimma contributed five birdies, DeFreitas and Elliott three each, and Chanthaphaeng and Paksanont two apiece.
- 1st North Florida 290-298-306=894
- 2nd Florida Gulf Coast 300-300-305=905
- 3rd Marshall 293-299-315=907
- 4th Georgia State 297-301-318=916
- 5th Sam Houston State 299-299-321=919
- 6th Jacksonville State 314-303-303=920
- 7th Jacksonville 307-311-304=922
- 8th Cincinnati 301-305-317=923
- 9th Daytona State 307-305-313=925
- 10th Samford 309-309-312=930
- 11th Western Kentucky 308-307-319=934
- 12th Georgia Southern 311-309-319=939
- 13th USC Upstate 314-312-315=941
- 14th Winthrop 308-308-328=944
- 15th UAB 321-313-320=954
- 16th Morehead State 305-325-333=963
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-30th Brooke Hutto 78-79-75=232
- T-36th Beem Pabsimma 79-75-79=233
- T-45th Pan Paksanont 78-80-77=235
- T-60th Anna Chanthaphaeng 79-78-84=241
- T-74th Kathryn Elliott 85-79-84=248 (playing as an individual)
- 83rd Marley DeFreitas 85-84-89=258
- The Spartans are back in action next week, February 24-26, at the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic in Kiawah Island, S.C.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).