Amelia Island, Fla. – Beem Pabsimma had a low round of 75 on Monday to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team during the opening two rounds of the Amelia Island Collegiate from the par 72, 6029-yard Amelia National Golf Club.
USC Upstate carded rounds of 314 and 312 to finish the first day with a combined score of 626.
North Florida leads the Amelia Island Collegiate after day one by four strokes over Marshall at 588. Georgia State's Harmanprit Kaur sits atop the individual leaderboard by one stroke at 1-under par 143.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Pabsimma is currently the top individual performer for the Spartans after shooting a total score of 154 (79-75) and sits in a tie for 34th place.
- Pabsimma concluded her final 12 holes shooting 1-under par highlighted by birdies on the first and sixth holes.
- Brooke Hutto and Anna Chanthaphaeng are both tied for 49th place at 157. Hutto compiled rounds of 78-79 and Chanthaphaeng 79-78.
- Pan Paksanont is tied for 57th position after shooting a 158 (78-80).
- Marley DeFreitas rounds out the leaderboard for USC Upstate in 82nd place at 169 (85-84).
- Playing as an individual, Kathryn Elliott sits tied for 76th place with a 164 (85-79).
- The Spartans finished day one with a 3.35 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.43 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.45 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also registered 96 pars and 14 birdies.
- Hutto led the Spartans in both par 3 scoring (+1, 3.13 stroke average) and par 4 scoring (4.15 stroke average).
- Paksanont compiled a team-leading 5.13 stroke average in par 5 scoring and 23 pars.
- Hutto and Pabsimma both had a team-high four birdies while DeFreitas added three, Chanthaphaeng two and Paksanont one.
- Elliott also recorded three birdies along with DeFreitas.
- 1st North Florida 290-298=588
- 2nd Marshall 293-299=592
- T-3rd Georgia State 297-301=598
- T-3rd Sam Houston State 299-299=598
- 5th Florida Gulf Coast 300-300=600
- 6th Cincinnati 301-305=606
- 7th Dayton State 307-305=612
- 8th Western Kentucky 308-307=615
- 9th Winthrop 308-308=616
- 10th Jacksonville State 314-303=617
- T-11th Samford 309-309=618
- T-11th Jacksonville 307-311=618
- 13th Georgia Southern 311-309=620
- 14th USC Upstate 314-312=626
- 15th Morehead State 305-325=630
- 16th UAB 321-313=634
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-34th Beem Pabsimma 79-75=154
- T-49th Brooke Hutto 78-79=157
- T-49th Anna Chanthaphaeng 79-78=157
- T-57th Pan Paksanont 78-80=158
- T-76th Kathryn Elliott 85-79=164 (playing as an individual)
- 82nd Marley DeFreitas 85-84-169
- The final round of the Amelia Island Collegiate will tee off at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).