Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate women's golf team collected its second straight performance of second or better on Tuesday as the Spartans fired a final round 310 to finish in a tie for second place out of 16 teams at the Terrier Intercollegiate from the par 72, 6012-yard The Country Club of Spartanburg.
USC Upstate finished two strokes behind tournament champion High Point as it posted a combined score of 612 (302-310).
High Point won the Terrier Intercollegiate by two strokes over the Spartans and Winthrop with a total score of 610 (297-313).
Wofford's Becca Earl captured individual medalist honors shooting an even-par 144 (71-73), winning by two strokes over Ella Ofstedahl of Georgia Southern and Samford's Madeline Davis.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- All five USC Upstate players contributed to the final team score at the Terrier Intercollegiate.
- The speed of the greens were a huge factor in all final round scores on Tuesday as the Spartans showed perseverance and a stick-with-it attitude leading to their third straight top-two finish to close out the fall.
- Pan Paksanont was the top individual performer for USC Upstate recording her second top-10 performance this season shooting a final round 78 to finish tied for ninth at 152 (74-78).
- Beem Pabsimma also carded a final round 78 and placed in a tie for 13th with a combined score of 153 (75-78).
- Brooke Hutto turned in the lowest score of the day with a 76 and tied with Anna Chanthaphaeng for 17th place at 154. Hutto had rounds of 78-76 and Chanthaphaeng 75-79.
- Kathryn Elliott rounded out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans tied for 52nd with a total score of 162 (84-78) after her final round 78.
- Playing as an individual, Caroline Heustess logged a tie for 38th place showing after combining for a two-round score of 159 (77-82).
- USC Upstate finished tied for second among the tournament field in par 5 scoring (5.12 stroke average), third in par 4 scoring (4.32 stroke average) while adding a 3.45 stroke average in par 3 scoring.
- The Spartans ranked tied for third with 104 pars and were fourth with 16 birdies.
- Hutto concluded the tournament second with a team-leading 27 pars.
- Paksanont was tied for sixth after finishing with six birdies.
- Paksanont and Hutto both led the team in par 4 scoring with a 4.25 stroke average.
- Heustess and Chanthaphaeng were also tied for seventh at 1-under and a 4.88 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paksanont was tied for ninth in par 3 scoring with a 3.12 stroke average.
- 1st High Point 297-313=610
- T-2nd USC Upstate 302-310=612
- T-2nd Winthrop 304-308=612
- 4th Georgia Southern 299-314=613
- 5th Samford 311-303=614
- 6th Appalachian State 303-313=616
- 7th Limestone 310-307=617
- 8th Gardner-Webb 319-306=625
- 9th Presbyterian College 317-313=630
- 10th UNC Asheville 319-313=632
- 11th USC Beaufort 321-313=634
- 12th Wofford 312-323=635
- 13th Morehead State 321-329=650
- 14th North Alabama 332-320=652
- 15th Western Carolina 330-326=656
- 16th The Citadel 334-335=669
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-9th Pan Paksanont 74-78=152
- T-13th Beem Pabsimma 75-78=153
- T-17th Brooke Hutto 78-76=154
- T-17th Anna Chanthaphaeng 75-79=154
- T-38th Caroline Heustess 77-82=159
- T-52nd Kathryn Elliott 84-78=162
- USC Upstate tees off its 2019 spring season Feb. 18-19 at the Amelia Island Collegiate in Amelia Island, Fla.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).