Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate women's golf team, led by Pan Paksanont's 3-under par on the back nine, turned in a total team effort on Monday firing a combined score of 302 and is in third place out of 16 teams at the Terrier Intercollegiate from the par 72, 6012-yard The Country Club of Spartanburg.
USC Upstate is currently three strokes back of second place Georgia Southern and five behind day one leader High Point.
High Point concluded the first round shooting a team score of 297. Wofford's Becca Earl sits atop of the individual leaderboard at 1-under par 71.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Paksanont's 3-under par score over the final nine holes put her in a tie for sixth place at 2-over 74 to lead the team individually.
- Anna Chanthaphaeng and Beem Pabsimma both carded rounds of 75 and are tied for 11th place at 3-over par 75.
- Pabsimma combined to shoot even-par on the back nine highlighted by her birdie on the par 4 16th hole.
- Brooke Hutto sits in a tie for 29th position at 78 while Kathryn Elliott rounds out the leaderboard for the Spartans tied for 70th with an 84.
- Playing as an individual, Caroline Heustess is tied for 22nd place following a first round score of 77.
- USC Upstate finished the opening day with a 3.45 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.30 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 2-over with a 5.10 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered eight birdies and is third among the tournament field with 54 pars.
- Paksanont leads USC Upstate in par 3 scoring (E, 3.00 stroke average), par 4 scoring (+1, 4.10 stroke average) and birdies (4). She ranks tied for third at the Terrier Intercollegiate in birdies.
- Chanthaphaeng, Pabsimma, Heustess and Hutto all carded even-par scores and a 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Pabsimma is tied for third after recording 14 pars in the first round.
- Chanthaphaeng and Heustess both contributed two birdies while Pabsimma and Hutto had one each.
- 1st High Point 297
- 2nd Georgia Southern 299
- 3rd USC Upstate 302
- 4th Appalachian State 303
- 5th Winthrop 304
- 6th Limestone 310
- 7th Samford 311
- 8th Wofford 312
- 9th Presbyterian College 317
- T-10th UNC Asheville 319
- T-10th Gardner-Webb 319
- T-12th USC Beaufort 321
- T-12th Morehead State 321
- 14th Western Carolina 330
- 15th North Alabama 332
- 16th The Citadel 334
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-6th Pan Paksanont 74
- T-11th Anna Chanthaphaeng 75
- T-11th Beem Pabsimma 75
- T-22nd Caroline Heustess 77 (Playing as an individual)
- T-29th Brooke Hutto 78
- T-70th Kathryn Elliott 84
- The final round of the Terrier Intercollegiate will tee off at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).