Ninety Six, S.C. – The USC Upstate women's golf team captured its second straight team championship on Tuesday by defeating the Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs in the championship match to win the Blue Hose Match Play from the par 72, 6175-yard The Patriot Golf Club.
USC Upstate won three of the five singles matches for a 3.0-2.0 victory over Gardner-Webb and finish match play with a perfect 3-0 record.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans received singles wins from Brooke Hutto, Beem Pabsimma and Anna Chanthaphaeng.
- Hutto earned a 1UP victory over Lindsay Koppel in the No. 2 match while Chanthaphaeng picked up a 2&1 win against Allison Chandler at No. 4.
- Pabsimma defeated Linnea Hofgren in the No. 3 match by a 2UP score. Her final putt sealed the match victory for USC Upstate.
- Caroline Heustess finished in third place individually defeating Radford's Hannah Tuttle 3&2.
- Marley DeFreitas dropped a 4&3 decision to Morgan Mugnolo of Longwood in the individual championship match.
- Pabsimma concluded match play with an unbeaten 3-0 record while Hutto and Chanthaphaeng were both 2-0-1.
- Pan Paksanont contributed a 2-1 match play record.
- Individually, DeFreitas and Heustess went 2-1 overall.
- The Spartans pick up their second straight tournament championship after winning the GWU Shootout on Oct. 7.
- It is the third team championship for USC Upstate over the past two seasons after winning the Oak Point Championship at the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic back in February.
- Kathryn Elliott vs. Kristen Wong – Wong wins 1UP
- Brooke Hutto vs. Lindsay Koppel – Hutto wins 1UP
- Beem Pabsimma vs. Linnea Hofgren – Pabsimma wins 2UP
- Anna Chanthaphaeng vs. Allison Chandler – Chanthaphaeng wins 2&1
- Pan Paksanont vs. Morgan Laird – Laird wins 4&3
- The Spartans close out their fall schedule Oct. 29-30 at the Terrier Intercollegiate in Spartanburg.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).