Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. – The USC Upstate women's golf team, led by a career-low round from Brooke Hutto, carded the second lowest score of the day to move up three spots on the leaderboard during the final day of the BUBBA Burger Jacksonville Classic from the par 72, 5967-yard Marsh Landing Country Club.
USC Upstate's final round 297 tied for the second-lowest round of the day along with College of Charleston and Bethune-Cookman. The Spartans moved up three spots on the team leaderboard and finished in seventh place at 898 (298-303-297).
Nova Southeastern won the BUBBA Burger Jacksonville Classic by six strokes after shooting a combined score of 875. Sophie Madden of Nova Southeastern won individual medalist honors at 1-under par 215.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Pan Paksanont was the top individual performer for USC Upstate shooting her second round of 73 for the tournament and finished tied for 11th with a 220 (73-74-73).
- Beem Pabsimma posted her lowest round of the tournament with a 74 and recorded a 30th place performance at 225 (75-76-74).
- Hutto and Anna Chanthaphaeng both tied for 32nd place with combined score of 227. Hutto's career-low round of 72 improved her score by six strokes from the second round and had scores of 77-78-72. Chanthaphaeng contributed rounds of 73-76-78.
- Marley DeFreitas rounded out the leaderboard for the Spartans in a tie for 60th place at 235 (79-77-79).
- Playing as individuals, Kathryn Elliott and Caroline Heustess finished in a tie for 71st and 76th places, respectively. Elliott had a total score of 241 (78-79-84) and Heustess 247 (83-79-85).
- USC Upstate concluded the opening nine holes under par on Tuesday.
- The Spartans registered a 3.27 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.21 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.12 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also collected 173 pars (3rd-most at tournament), 24 birdies and one eagle.
- Paksanont led the team in par 3 scoring at even-par with a 3.00 stroke average
- Paksanont and Chanthaphaeng both had a team-best 4.17 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Paksanont also combined with Hutto to lead the team in par 5 scoring at 1-under and a 4.92 stroke average.
- Hutto collected the team's only eagle during tournament play.
- Chanthaphaeng, Hutto and Paksanont each recorded a team-leading six birdies. Heustess and Pabsimma added four birdies, and Elliott and DeFreitas three apiece.
- Paksanont turned in a team-high 41 pars while Pabsimma had 37.
- 1st Nova Southeastern 290-295-290=875
- T-2nd College of Charleston 294-290-297=881
- T-2nd Coastal Carolina 291-288-302=881
- 4th Seminole State 296-289-305=890
- 5th North Florida 293-301-300=894
- 6th Georgia Southern 304-290-302=896
- 7th USC Upstate 298-303-297=898
- 8th Bethune-Cookman 300-304-297=901
- T-9th Samford 301-296-307=904
- T-9th Jacksonville 301-294-309=904
- 11th Daytona State 295-310-300=905
- 12th College of Charleston 297-300-311=908
- 13th Florida Atlantic 317-298-316=931
- 14th Jacksonville State 310-306-320
- 15th Lipscomb 326-310-331=967
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-11th Pan Paksanont 73-74-73=220
- 30th Beem Pabsimma 75-76-74=225
- T-32nd Anna Chanthaphaeng 73-76-78=227
- T-32nd Brooke Hutto 77-78-72=227
- T-60th Marley DeFreitas 79-77-79=235
- T-71st Kathryn Elliott 78-79-84=241 (Playing as an individual)
- T-76th Caroline Heustess 83-79-85=247 (Playing as an individual)
- The Spartans return to the course on Sunday, Oct. 7 competing with Appalachian State, Gardner-Webb, Winthrop and Wofford at Cleveland Country Club in Shelby, N.C.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).