Canton, Mass. – The USC Upstate women's golf team battled rain and cool temperatures all day on Tuesday as the Spartans concluded play at the Boston College Intercollegiate from the par 72, 6137-yard Blue Hill Country Club.
USC Upstate posted a final round 319 and finished in 12th place after shooting a combined score of 947 (313-315-319).
Western Kentucky won the Boston College Intercollegiate by three strokes at 911 while WKU's Mary Joiner and Jodee Tindal of College of Charleston, playing as an individual, won individual medalist honors at 4-over par 220.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans dealt with weather conditions that saw rain all throughout the day and temperatures reaching 55 degrees.
- Pan Paksanont was the top individual performer for USC Upstate finishing in a tie for 29th place with a combined score of 233 (75-77-81).
- Brooke Hutto was three strokes behind Paksanont tying for 39th position after carding a 236 (75-79-82).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng had the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate at 76 and placed in a tie for 47th with a 238 (82-80-76).
- Beem Pabsimma was tied for 57th to conclude her first collegiate tournament with a score of 240 (81-79-80).
- Marley DeFreitas rounded out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans in 80th place at 256 (89-83-84).
- USC Upstate finished the tournament with a 3.38 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.52 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.37 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 141 pars and 17 birdies.
- Chanthaphaeng compiled a team-best 1-over par, 3.08 stroke average in par 3 scoring.
- Paksanont led the team in both par 4 scoring (4.30 stroke average) and pars (35).
- Hutto contributed a 4.33 stroke average in par 4 scoring and collected a team-high five birdies.
- Pabsimma and Chanthaphaeng both added four birdies while Paksanont had three and DeFreitas one.
- 1st Western Kentucky 298-309-304=911
- 2nd Boston College 309-298-307=914
- 3rd College of Charleston 305-309-301=915
- 4th Brown 302-309-305=916
- 5th Boston 304-305-310=919
- 6th Albany 308-302-316=926
- 7th Fairleigh Dickinson 311-312-304=927
- T-8th Quinnipiac 310-310-316=936
- T-8th Richmond 315-310-311=936
- 10th St. John's 313-313-314
- 11th Samford 313-317-313=943
- 12th USC Upstate 313-315-319=947
- 13th Siena 319-325-310=954
- 14th Hartford 326-315-316=957
- 15th Sacred Heart 334-315-324=973
- 16th Holy Cross 356-347-341=1044
- 17th Mount St. Mary's 0-0-0=0
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-29th Pan Paksanont 75-77-81=233
- T-39th Brooke Hutto 75-79-82=236
- T-47th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82-80-76=238
- T-57th Beem Pabsimma 81-79-80=240
- 80th Marley DeFreitas 89-83-84=256
- USC Upstate returns to the course Oct. 1-2 at the Jacksonville Classic from Marsh Landing Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).