Canton, Mass. – Pan Paksanont currently sits in a tie for 15th place to lead the USC Upstate women's golf team after the first two rounds of the Boston College Intercollegiate from the par 72, 6137-yard Blue Hill Country Club.
USC Upstate carded rounds of 313 and 315 and is in 11th place after day one at 628. A total of five strokes separates the Spartans from Fairleigh Dickinson in eighth place.
Western Kentucky and host Boston College are tied atop the team leaderboard at 607. Jodee Tindal of College of Charleston, playing as an individual, leads the tournament by four strokes at even-par 144.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Paksanont compiled two of the team's three lowest scores of the day with a 75 and 77, tying for 15th place at 152.
- Brooke Hutto is two strokes back of Paksanont in a tie for 21st with a two-round score of 154 (75-79). Her opening round of 75 tied Paksanont for lowest on the team.
- Beem Pabsimma, playing in her first collegiate tournament, sits tied for 53rd position after shooting a combined score of 160 (81-79).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng and Marley DeFreitas round out the individual standings for USC Upstate. Chanthaphaeng is tied for 60th at 162 (82-80) while DeFreitas sits alone in 80th place with a 172 (89-83).
- The Spartans concluded the day with a 3.25 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.56 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.35 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also compiled 91 pars and 13 birdies.
- Chanthaphaeng leads the team in par 3 scoring with a 3.00 stroke average.
- Paksanont has a team-leading 4.20 stroke average in par 4 scoring to go with 24 pars.
- Hutto finished with a team-high four birdies.
- T-1st Western Kentucky 298-309=607
- T-1st Boston College 309-298=607
- 3rd Boston 304-305=609
- 4th Albany 308-302=610
- 5th Brown 302-309=611
- 6th College of Charleston 305-309=614
- 7th Quinnipiac 310-310=620
- 8th Fairleigh Dickinson 311-312=623
- 9th Richmond 315-310=625
- 10th St. John's 313-313=626
- 11th USC Upstate 313-315=628
- 12th Samford 313-317=630
- 13th Hartford 326-315=641
- 14th Siena 319-325=644
- 15th Sacred Heart 334-315=649
- 16th Holy Cross 356-347=703
- 17th Mount St. Mary's D-D=0
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-15th Pan Paksanont 75-77=152
- T-21st Brooke Hutto 75-79=154
- T-53rd Beem Pabsimma 81-79=160
- T-60th Anna Chanthaphaeng 82-80=162
- 80th Marley DeFreitas 89-83=172
- The final round of the Boston College Intercollegiate will tee off at 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).