Braselton, Ga. – Pan Paksanont carded a final round 77 and compiled the top individual performance for the USC Upstate women's golf team on Tuesday as the Spartans wrapped up play at the rain-shortened ASUN Women's Golf Championships from the par 71, 5803-yard Legends Course at Chateau Elan.
USC Upstate improved its final round score from day one by 24 strokes, compiling a 314 to finish in sixth place at 652 (338-314).
Kennesaw State won the ASUN Women's Golf Championship by nine strokes over second place North Florida at 601. Madison Caldwell of Kennesaw State held off two players to capture individual medalist honors at 1-over par 145.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans had two players, seniors Payton Culler and Sidney Dermody, wrap up their careers as a Spartan on Tuesday with both playing pivotal roles in helping the program move forward by numerous strokes over the past three years.
- Paksanont's final round 77 was seven strokes better than day one and put her in a tie for 22nd place to conclude the tournament at 161 (84-77).
- Culler posted her second consecutive round of 81 to finish tied for 24th place at 162 (81-81).
- Brooke Hutto recorded the team's lowest round of the tournament after improving her score by 14 strokes and contributed a 27th place finish with a 164 (89-75).
- Dermody and Anna Chanthaphaeng rounded out the individual standings for USC Upstate in 31st and 32nd places. Dermody posted a combined score of 167 (84-83) and Chanthaphaeng 172 (91-81).
- The Spartans wrapped up the ASUN Women's Golf Championships with a 3.47 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.59 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.71 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also compiled 91 pars and four birdies.
- Paksanont led the team in par 3 scoring with an even-par, 3.00 stroke average.
- Hutto added a team-leading 4.50 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Culler was first on the team in par 5 scoring (+2, 5.22 stroke average) and pars (22).
- Paksanont had three birdies while Dermody turned in one.
- 1st Kennesaw State 313-288=601
- 2nd North Florida 307-303=610
- 3rd Stetson 318-299=617
- T-4th Jacksonville 314-306=620
- T-4th Florida Gulf Coast 329-291=620
- 6th USC Upstate 338-314=652
- 7th Lipscomb 339-354=693
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-22nd Pan Paksanont 84-77=161
- T-24th Payton Culler 81-81=162
- 27th Brooke Hutto 89-75=165
- 31st Sidney Dermody 84-83=167
- 32nd Anna Chanthaphaeng 91-81=172
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).