Fernandina Beach, Fla. – The USC Upstate women's golf team wrapped up play at the Amelia Island Collegiate on Tuesday afternoon by shooting a final round 316 at the par 72, 6029-yard Amelia National Golf Club.
The third round 316 carded by USC Upstate led to a 13th place finish with a team score of 937 (312-309-316).
Campbell and Daytona State both finished tied for first in the team standings but Campbell won the Amelia Island Collegiate in a tiebreaker based off of the lowest individual score from round three. There was also a three-way tie on the individual leaderboard between Sydney Shrader of North Florida, Isabell Ekstrom of Campbell and Jiwon Jeon of Daytona State. Shrader won individual medalist honors in a five-hole playoff.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans finished the tournament with a 3.43 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.39 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.33 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also compiled 147 pars and 24 birdies over three rounds.
- Sidney Dermody was the top individual performer for the Spartans tying for 29th place after shooting a 79 on Tuesday to finish at 230 (76-75-79) overall.
- Pan Paksanont turned in the lowest score of the day with a 78, her third straight of the tournament, and tied for 43rd place at 234 (78-78-78).
- Payton Culler was one stroke behind Paksanont and tied for 49th place with a 235 (81-75-79).
- Anna Chanthaphaeng (T-59th) and Brooke Hutto (76th) rounded out the standings. Chanthaphaeng had a combined score of 238 (77-81-80) and Hutto 248 (82-85-81).
- Culler led USC Upstate with a 4.13 stroke average in par 4 scoring and eight birdies.
- Dermody tallied a team-leading even-par 3.00 stroke average in par 3 scoring and 5.25 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paksanont and Dermody tied for the team-lead with 33 pars.
- 1st Campbell 287-295-296=878
- 2nd Daytona State College 290-289-299=878
- 3rd North Florida 198-289-292=879
- T-4th Florida Gulf Coast 303-304-297=904
- T-4th Jacksonville State 299-293-312
- 6th Winthrop 298-303-306=907
- 7th Bradley 307-303-310=920
- 8th Georgia State 302-312-308=922
- 9th Jacksonville 312-305-310=927
- 10th Eastern Kentucky 304-315-312=931
- T-11th UAB 308-315-318=935
- T-11th Cincinnati 312-305-318=935
- 13th USC Upstate 312-309-316=937
- 14th UNC Asheville 310-316-313=939
- 15th Morehead State 315-329-320=964
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-29th Sidney Dermody 76-75-79
- T-43rd Pan Paksanont 78-78-78=234
- T-49th Payton Culler 81-75-79=235
- T-59th Anna Chanthaphaeng 77-81-80=238
- 76th Brooke Hutto 82-85-81=248
- The Spartans return to action next week, Feb. 25-27, at the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic in Kiawah Island, S.C.
Follow USC Upstate women's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).