Spartanburg, S.C. – Solomon Constant scored one goal and Cam Philpot dished out an assist as the USC Upstate men's soccer team dropped its regular season finale, 3-1, to the Radford Highlanders on Wednesday evening from County University Soccer Stadium.
USC Upstate finishes its season with a 3-12-1 overall record and 3-4-1 mark in the Big South while Radford improves to 7-8 on the season and 5-3 in conference play.
STATS OF THE GAME
- The Highlanders held a 21-16 advantage over USC Upstate in shots including 12-4 in attempts on goal.
- Both teams attempted two corner kicks.
- The Spartans led 9-3 in saves.
- Constant registered his second goal of the season while Philpot contributed his second assist.
- Constant led USC Upstate offensively with four shots including two on goal.
- Amadou Diop had a team-leading one goal and two assists for Radford.
- Khori Bennett scored once and took a team-leading six shots.
- Patrick Siczek added one goal and one assist.
- Andrea Bonavia concluded the game with nine saves.
- Highlander goalie Sam Farrell grabbed a total of three saves.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Constant cut the Spartans deficit down to 3-1 in the 87th minute off an assist from Philpot. Philpot's initial shot was saved by Farrell but Constant scored off the rebound far side. (Radford 3, USC Upstate 1)
- Diop scored the game's first goal in the 38th minute after receiving a cross far side into the middle of the 18-yard box by Siczek. (Radford 1, USC Upstate 0)
- Siczek made it a 2-0 game in the 40th minute following a through ball from Diop and scoring far side. (Radford 2, USC Upstate 0)
- Diop added his second assist in the 54th minute as Bennett scored off the cross and extended Radford's lead to three goals. (Radford 3, USC Upstate 0)
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).