Spartanburg, S.C. – Joel Bunting scored his second goal of the season on Saturday evening as the USC Upstate men's soccer team fell 2-1 in double overtime to the Wofford Terriers at Snyder Field.
USC Upstate falls to 3-11-1 on the season while Wofford improves to 5-10-1 overall.
STATS OF THE GAME
- The Spartans held a 19-17 advantage over the Terriers in shots including 8-7 in attempts on goal.
- USC Upstate also led 6-3 in corner kicks.
- Bunting registered his second goal of the season and led the Spartans offensively with four shots including three on goal.
- Cam Philpot added three shots and two attempts on goal.
- Ben Nickol and Connor Donohue each scored one goal for Wofford.
- Rocky Antwi and Zach Aversano both contributed one assist.
- Andrea Bonavia grabbed a total of five saves.
- Terrier goalie Shane Berson finished the game with seven saves.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Bunting equalized the game for USC Upstate in the 15th minute scoring unassisted. (USC Upstate 1, Wofford 1)
- Nickol put Wofford ahead 1-0 in the 9th minute with Antwi and Aversano getting credit for the assists. The initial header by Kyle Nelson was saved by Bonavia and Nickol scored off the rebound. (USC Upstate 0, Wofford 1)
- Donohue scored the game-winner for the Terriers in the 105th minute scoring past Bonavia into the bottom-right side of the net. (USC Upstate 1, Wofford 2)
- The Spartans close out their regular season on Wednesday, Oct. 31 hosting Radford on Senior Night at 7 p.m.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).