Charlotte, N.C. – The USC Upstate men's soccer team resumed its road trip on Tuesday evening dropping a 3-0 decision to the Charlotte 49ers at Transamerica Field.
USC Upstate falls to 3-10-1 on the season while Charlotte improves to 9-3-1 overall.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The 49ers held a 20-6 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 11-5 in attempts on goal.
- Charlotte also led 5-3 in corner kicks.
- USC Upstate finished the game with eight saves while the 49ers added five.
- Joel Bunting led the Spartans offensively with two shots while Martin Skaiaa, Anson Girone and Josh Salinas added one each.
- Maclean Holbrook, Teddy Chaouche and Jake Gusler all scored for Charlotte.
- Chaouche, Noah Seach, Joe Brito, Ethan Sawdon and Hunter Omli each dished out one assist.
- Preston Popp came off the bench to attempt a team-high four shots.
- Andrea Bonavia concluded the game with eight saves.
- 49er goalies Elliot Panicco and Austin Mullins combined for five saves.
- Holbrook gave Charlotte the 1-0 lead in the 64th minute with Seach and Chaouche receiving the assists. (USC Upstate 0, Charlotte 1)
- Chaouche extended the lead to 2-0 during the 77th minute off Sawdon's throw in to Brito, who laid off his pass to Chaouche leading to the goal. (USC Upstate 0, Charlotte 2)
- Gusler scored just before the end of regulation in the 90th minute off a cross from Omli. (USC Upstate 0, Charlotte 3)
- USC Upstate plays its final non-conference game of the season, concluding its four-game road trip, on Saturday, Oct. 27 making the short trip to Wofford for a 7 p.m. kickoff against the Terriers.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).