Spartanburg, S.C. – Andrea Bonavia recorded his second shutout of the season on Saturday evening as the USC Upstate men's soccer team picked up a 3-0 win over the Presbyterian College Blue Hose in Big South action at County University Soccer Stadium.
USC Upstate improves to 3-8 on the season and 3-3 in conference play while Presbyterian College falls to 3-10 overall and 3-2 in the Big South.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Blue Hose held a 27-12 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 12-8 in attempts on goal.
- Presbyterian College also led 10-2 in corner kicks.
- USC Upstate finished the game with 12 saves while the Blue Hose had five.
- Jaedon Williamson, Anson Girone and Sebastian Quinteros all scored for the Spartans. Williamson and Girone logged their second goals of the season while Quinteros added his first.
- Cam Philpot and Francis Eto each dished out one assist.
- Eto attempted a team-high four shots and added two attempts on goal along with Quinteros.
- Sergio Pinto led Presbyterian College offensively with six shots.
- Bonavia finished with double-digit saves for the second time this season, both in the last three games, after grabbing 10.
- Blue Hose goalie Jan Hoffelner had five saves.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Williamson netted the first goal of the game for USC Upstate in the 17th minute off a free kick. Philpot took the free kick from just outside the 18-yard box and quickly made a pass to Williamson at midfield. Williamson scored on the one-timer. (Presbyterian College 0, USC Upstate 1)
- Girone extended the Spartans lead to two goals in the 51st minute with Eto getting the assist. The initial attempt by Eto was saved and Girone scored off the rebound. (Presbyterian College 0, USC Upstate 2)
- Quinteros scored the final goal in the 84th minute off his own rebound. (Presbyterian College 0, USC Upstate 3)
- USC Upstate travels to Longwood on Tuesday, Oct. 16 for a 6 p.m. kickoff.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).