DeLand, Fla. – The USC Upstate men's soccer team suffered a 2-0 setback in non-conference play to the Stetson Hatters on Saturday afternoon at the Athletic Training Center.
USC Upstate falls to 1-5 on the season while Stetson improves to 3-3-1 overall.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Hatters held a 15-5 advantage over the Spartans in shots including a 7-1 mark in attempts on goal.
- Stetson also led 7-6 in corner kicks.
- USC Upstate finished the game with five saves while Hatters had one.
- Ricky Maldonado came off the bench to lead the Spartans offensively with two shots.
- Elvis Menayese and Erwan Colas both had a team-high four shots for the Hatters.
- Lewis Scattergood and Andy Henderson both scored one goal.
- Sebastian Chalbaud dished out both assists.
- For the third consecutive game, Andrea Bonavia grabbed five saves.
- Stetson goalie Owen Jack collected one save.
- Henderson gave the Hatters a 1-0 lead in the 78th minute with Chalbaud getting credit for the assist. (USC Upstate 0, Stetson 1)
- Chalbaud picked up his second assist in the 80th minute with Scattergood scoring to give Stetson a 2-0 advantage. (USC Upstate 0, Stetson 2)
- USC Upstate travels to Rock Hill, S.C. on Tuesday, Sept. 25 for a 6 p.m. kickoff against Winthrop.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).