Spartanburg, S.C. – Jaedon Williamson scored his first goal of the season on Tuesday evening as the USC Upstate men's soccer team fell 4-1 to the High Point Panthers in Big South action at County University Soccer Stadium.
USC Upstate falls to 1-4 overall and 1-3 in the conference while High Point improves to 5-1 on the season and 1-0 in league play.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Panthers held a 20-11 advantage in shots including 9-7 in attempts on goal.
- High Point also led 6-5 in saves.
- Both teams attempted five corner kicks.
- Williamson recorded his first goal of the season and finished the game with two shots.
- Cam Philpot attempted a team-high four shots with three going on goal.
- Ilias Kosmidis and Siggi Benonysson both scored twice for the Panthers.
- Kosmidis added an assist along with Alex Abril.
- Kosmidis concluded the game with a team-leading four shots while Ryan Inman contributed three attempts on goal.
- Andrea Bonavia tied his season-high of five saves for the second straight game.
- HPU goalie Keegan Meyer grabbed six saves.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Williamson netted the Spartans first goal of the game in the 74th minute on a penalty kick. (USC Upstate 1, High Point 4)
HIGH POINT GOALS
- Kosmidis scored his first goal in the 30th minute on a penalty kick. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 1)
- Kosmidis added his second goal of the game in the 40th minute with his chip-in shot off an assist from the near side by Abril. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 2)
- Benonysson gave High Point a three-goal lead in the 63rd minute scoring unassisted. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 3)
- Benonysson scored his second goal just over a minute later in the 64th minute after Kosmidis' initial attempt was blocked. Benonysson followed up with the rebound. (USC Upstate 0, High Point 4)
- USC Upstate steps out of conference on Saturday afternoon traveling to Stetson for a 2 p.m. kickoff.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).