Raleigh, N.C. – Solomon Constant recorded his first career goal at USC Upstate while Francis Eto dished out his first assist as the Spartan men's soccer team dropped their season opener to the 23rd-ranked N.C. State Wolfpack, 3-1, on Friday evening from Dail Soccer Stadium.
USC Upstate falls to 0-1 on the season while N.C. State improves to 1-0 overall.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Wolfpack held an 11-6 advantage in shots including 7-3 in attempts on-goal.
- The Spartans led 4-3 in corner kicks and 4-2 in saves.
- Constant and Javier Torres both attempted a team-high two shots for USC Upstate with both attempts for Constant going on-goal.
- Constant picked up his first career goal at USC Upstate while Eto added an assist in his first game as a Spartan.
- Ivy Brisma, Brad Sweeney and Tyler Gabarra all scored for N.C. State.
- The Wolfpack also received assists from Manny Perez and David Loera.
- CJ Cluck grabbed a total of four saves.
- Leon Krapf contributed two saves for N.C. State.
USC UPSTATE GOALS
- Constant cut the Spartans deficit down to 2-1 in the 49th minute when he received a pass from Eto and hit a hard shot from 22 yards out and hit off the inside of the near post past Krapf. (USC Upstate 1, N.C. State 2)
N.C. STATE GOALS
- Brisma put the Wolfpack ahead 1-0 early in the 7th minute after his initial attempt was saved by Cluck. He collected the rebound and scored the game's first goal. (USC Upstate 0, N.C. State 1)
- Gabarra gave N.C. State a 2-0 lead in the 32nd minute when he made a run to the far post and received a cross inside the six-yard box from Perez. (USC Upstate 0, N.C. State 2)
- Sweeney put the Wolfpack back in front by two goals at 3-1 in the 74th minute off his free kick from 22 yards away. (USC Upstate 1, N.C. State 3)
- USC Upstate remains on the road on Friday, August 31 as it travels to UNC Asheville for its first-ever Big South Conference game against the Bulldogs at 6 p.m.
Follow USC Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).