Raleigh, N.C. – CJ Cluck finished with a season-high seven saves as the USC Upstate men's soccer team picked up its second tie of the season on Tuesday evening following a 0-0 draw against the N.C. State Wolfpack at Dail Soccer Field.
Upstate's record now sits at 2-8-2 on the season while N.C. State moves to 6-4-2 overall.
STATS OF THE MATCH
- The Wolfpack held a 15-6 advantage over the Spartans in shots and 8-2 in attempts on goal.
- N.C. State also led 11-3 in corner kicks.
- Upstate finished the match with an 8-2 lead in saves.
- The Spartans posted their first shutout of the season after holding the Wolfpack scoreless over the course of 110 minutes.
- Cluck collects his first shutout at Upstate after grabbing a season-high seven saves. His previous season-best was four on Oct. 7 at Jacksonville.
- Six different Spartans registered one shot each while JR Cozine and Anson Girone had one shot on goal apiece.
- Tanner Roberts led N.C. State offensively with six shots and four going on goal.
- Wolfpack goalie Leon Krapf concluded the contest with two saves.
- Upstate will travel to Boiling Springs, N.C. on Tuesday, Oct. 17 for a 7 p.m. contest against the Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs in its non-conference finale.
Follow Upstate men's soccer on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMSoccer), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).