Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate men's golf team moved up three spots in the team standings on Tuesday shooting a final round 290 as it concluded play at the Wofford Invitational from the par 72, 6684-yard The Country Club of Spartanburg.
The final round 290 carded by the Spartans was tied for the second-lowest score of the day and moved them up three positions to finish in fourth place with a combined score of 871 (303-278-290).
Furman won the Wofford Invitational after shooting a total score of 839. Jack Crosby of Furman captured individual medalist honors at 13-under par 203.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- USC Upstate tied with Radford for the second-lowest score of the day at 290.
- For the tournament, the Spartans improved their position in the team standings a total of seven spots from round one to three.
- Reid Bedell led USC Upstate individually shooting a final round 71 and recorded his first top-10 finish this season.
- Bedell finished in 10th place with a combined score of 1-under 215 (69-75-71).
- Jordan Warnock, Matt Carter and Hunter Fry all had rounds of 73 on Tuesday.
- Warnock was one stroke behind Bedell on the individual leaderboard finishing in a tie for 11th place at even-par 216 (74-69-73).
- Carter registered a tie for 22nd place performance with a total score of 219 (80-66-73).
- Fry was tied for 38th position at 223 (80-70-73).
- Sean Stanistreet rounded out the tournament with a final round 80 to finish in 85th place at 238 (85-73-80).
- The Spartans compiled a 3.28 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.17 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 9-under, 4.85 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- USC Upstate also recorded 148 pars, 49 birdies and four eagles.
- The Spartans led the tournament in eagles while ranking tied for fourth in par 3 scoring and birdies.
- Fry led USC Upstate in par 3 scoring with a 3.25 stroke average.
- Warnock tied for the tournament-lead in par 4 scoring at 6-under par and a 3.80 stroke average.
- Bedell was tied for third in par 5 scoring at 8-under with a 4.33 stroke average.
- Carter finished at 5-under with a 4.58 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Fry contributed a 3-under, 4.75 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Carter was second at the tournament with 38 pars.
- Warnock ranked tied for fifth with 15 birdies.
- Fry tied for the tournament-lead with two eagles while Carter and Bedell had one each.
- Bedell had 12 birdies, Stanistreet nine, Carter seven and Fry six.
- 1ST Furman 281-280-278=839
- 2nd Austin Peay 285-285-296=866
- 3rd Radford 291-286-290=867
- 4th USC Upstate 303-278-290=871
- T-5th Gardner-Webb 295-281-297=873
- T-5th Belmont 297-281-295=873
- 7th Wofford 281-291-305=876
- 8th Longwood 298-289-295=882
- 9th Tennessee Tech 298-293-295=886
- 10th High Point 299-298-292=889
- 11th Charleston Southern 305-288-297=890
- 12th Delaware 309-291-294=894
- 13th Francis Marion 300-298-300=898
- T-14th Presbyterian 314-294-303=911
- T-14th Appalachian State 312-299-300-911
- 16th Western Carolina 307-300-308
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- 10th Reid Bedell 69-75-71=215
- T-11th Jordan Warnock 74-69-73=216
- T-22nd Matt Carter 80-66-73=219
- T-38th Hunter Fry 80-70-73=223
- 85th Sean Stanistreet 85-73-80=238
- The Spartans travel to Nashville, Tenn. April 8-9 for the Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).