Greenville, S.C. – Jordan Warnock had a career-low round of 67 on Sunday and recorded his third career top-5 finish to lead the USC Upstate men's golf team on the final day of the Furman Intercollegiate from the par 71, 6994-yard Furman University Golf Course.
USC Upstate had a tournament-low score of 290 and moved up one spot in the team standings to finish in a tie for 10th place with Samford at 884 (300-294-290).
Coastal Carolina won the Furman Intercollegiate by four strokes after shooting a 7-under 845. Furman's Keller Harper captured individual medalist honors winning by one stroke at 8-under par 205.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Warnock moved back into the top-5 with his final round 67 and finished the tournament tied for fifth shooting 2-under par 211 (70-74-67).
- Reid Bedell carded a final round 74 to record a tie for 38th performance at 220 (74-72-74).
- Matt Carter compiled a final day 77 and registered a tie for 70th place finish with a combined score of 226 (75-74-77).
- Hunter Fry improved his final round score by two strokes from Saturday with a 72 and finished tied for 76th place at 227 (81-74-72).
- Sun Paripunna rounds out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans with a final round 79 to finish in a tie for 110th position at 237 (81-77-79).
- USC Upstate concluded the tournament with a 3.47 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.24 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 12-under, 4.73 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 152 pars, 35 birdies and one eagle.
- Warnock led USC Upstate in par 3 scoring (3.08 stroke average), par 4 scoring (4.09 stroke average), par 5 scoring (-6, 4.33 stroke average), pars (37) and eagles (1).
- Warnock ranked tied for fourth at the tournament in pars.
- All five Spartans finished at even-par or better in par 5 scoring.
- Fry had a 3-under, 4.67 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell contributed a 2-under, 4.78 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Carter tallied a 1-under, 4.89 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Paripunna posted an even-par, 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell compiled a team-leading 10 birdies.
- Warnock added eight birdies, Fry seven, and Paripunna and Carter five each.
- 1st Coastal Carolina 282-279-284=845
- 2nd Davidson 283-284-282=849
- 3rd Furman 289-278-286=853
- 4th Virginia Tech 281-292-284=857
- 5th Minnesota 290-286-284=860
- 6th Yale 289-288-289=866
- 7th Charleston Southern 297-292-287=876
- 8th USC Aiken 308-289-284=881
- 9th Dartmouth 292-298-293=883
- T-10th USC Upstate 300-294-290=884
- T-10th Samford 296-288-300=884
- 12th Presbyterian 296-293-301=890
- 13th Cincinnati 300-295-298=893
- T-14th Marshall 301-300-293=894
- T-14th Georgia State 313-296-285=894
- 16th Wichita State 308-299-291=898
- 17th Akron 307-293-301=901
- 18th Winthrop 313-304-285=902
- T-19th Francis Marion 310-306-291=907
- T-19th High Point 304-302-301=907
- 21st Wofford 321-299-290=910
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-5th Jordan Warnock 70-74-67=211
- T-38th Reid Bedell 74-72-74=220
- T-70th Matt Carter 75-74-77=226
- T-76th Hunter Fry 81-74-72=227
- T-110th Sun Paripunna 81-77-79
- The Spartans stay in Spartanburg April 1-2 for the Wofford Invitational at The Country Club of Spartanburg.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).