Greenville, S.C. – Reid Bedell compiled a low score of 72 on Saturday to lead the USC Upstate men's golf team during the second round of the Furman Intercollegiate from the par 71, 6994-yard Furman University Golf Course.
USC Upstate improved its team score by six strokes from Friday shooting a 294 and sits in 11th place with a combined score of 594 (300-294). The Spartans are currently five strokes behind Charleston Southern and Presbyterian in a tie for eighth place. USC Upstate is also four strokes back of tenth place Dartmouth.
Coastal Carolina leads the Furman Intercollegiate through two rounds by six strokes at 561. Wes Artac of Coastal Carolina and Furman's Keller Harper are tied atop the individual leaderboard at 9-under par 133.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Bedell's second round 72 is the second-lowest round of the tournament for the Spartans after Jordan Warnock had an opening round 70 on Friday.
- Warnock leads USC Upstate through two rounds tied for 18th place.
- Warnock had a second round 74 and presently sits at 144 (70-74) for the tournament.
- Bedell is two strokes behind Warnock in a tie for 34th place with a total score of 146 (74-72).
- Matt Carter compiled a second round 74 and is tied for 51st place at 149 (75-74).
- Hunter Fry also turned in a round of 74 on Saturday, seven strokes better than round one, and is tied for 96th with a 155 (81-74).
- Sun Paripunna rounds out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans in a tie for 104th position. Paripunna had a second round 77 and has a combined score of 158 (81-77).
- USC Upstate has recorded a 3.45 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.30 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 9-under, 4.70 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans have also contributed 103 pars, tied for eighth-most at the tournament, and 22 birdies.
- Warnock leads USC Upstate in par 3 scoring (E, 3.00 stroke average), par 5 scoring (-4, 4.33 stroke average) and pars (24).
- Warnock is currently tied for eighth among the tournament field in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell has a team-best 4.14 stroke average in par 4 scoring and eight birdies.
- Bedell is at 2-under par on par 5 holes with a 4.67 stroke average.
- Paripunna, Fry and Carter have all tallied a 1-under par, 4.83 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Warnock has compiled five birdies through two rounds while Carter has four, Paripunna three and Fry two.
- 1st Coastal Carolina 282-279=561
- T-2nd Davidson 283-284=567
- T-2nd Furman 289-278=567
- 4th Virginia Tech 281-292=573
- 5th Minnesota 290-286=576
- 6th Yale 289-288=577
- 7th Samford 296-288=584
- T-8th Charleston Southern 297-292=589
- T-8th Presbyterian 296-293=589
- 10th Dartmouth 292-298=590
- 11th USC Upstate 300-294=594
- 12th Cincinnati 300-295=595
- 13th USC Aiken 308-289=597
- 14th Akron 307-293=600
- 15th Marshall 301-300=601
- 16th High Point 304-302=606
- 17th Wichita State 308-299=607
- 18th Georgia State 313-296=609
- 19th Francis Marion 310-306=616
- 20th Winthrop 313-304=617
- 21st Wofford 321-299=620
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-18th Jordan Warnock 70-74=144
- T-34th Reid Bedell 74-72=146
- T-51st Matt Carter 75-74=149
- T-96th Hunter Fry 81-74=155
- T-104th Sun Paripunna 81-77=158
- The Spartans will tee off the final round of the Furman Intercollegiate at 9 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).