Bandon, Ore. -- The USC Upstate men's golf team tied for the lowest score of the day among the 17-team field as the Spartans battled cold weather conditions, and several weather delays, to shoot a final round 299 at the Bandon Dunes Championship from the par 72, 6954-yard Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, the number one golf resort in North America.
USC Upstate finished the tournament in 11th place after shooting a combined score of 897 (300-298-299).
Utah won the Bandon Dunes Championship by six strokes over Denver at 876. Blake Tomlinson of Utah captured individual medalist honors by one stroke at 4-under par 212.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- When combining the first and third round scores, the Spartans beat every team in the tournament field.
- USC Upstate was the only team in the field on Tuesday with four scores of 76 or better.
- Reid Bedell and Jordan Warnock had the lowest scores of the day with rounds of 74.
- Bedell was the top individual performer for the Spartans finishing in a tie for 19th place with a combined score of 221 (75-72-74).
- Warnock finished two strokes behind Bedell in a tie for 24th place at 223 (72-77-74).
- Matt Carter posted a final round 76 and placed in a tie for 33rd position with a 224 (75-73-76).
- Hunter Fry, who battled an illness the night before, concluded his last seven holes at 4-under, highlighted by an eagle on the par 4 seventh hole, and finished at 75 for the day. He recorded a tie for 79th place performance with a total score of 236 (85-76-75).
- Sun Paripunna, who had a final round 82, rounded out the individual standings in a tie for 87th place at 237 (78-77-82).
- USC Upstate finished the tournament with a 3.42 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.27 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 4-under par, 4.93 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 157 pars, 34 birdies and one eagle.
- Warnock led the team in par 3 scoring with a 3.25 stroke average.
- Bedell compiled a team-leading 4.10 stroke average in par 4 scoring and tied for the tournament-lead with 40 pars.
- Carter had a team-best 3-under, 4.75 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell was also 2-under par in par 5 scoring with a 4.83 stroke average.
- Fry and Warnock were both 1-under with a 4.92 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Warnock collected a total of 10 birdies to lead the team.
- Carter added seven birdies, Fry and Bedell had six apiece, and Paripunna five.
- 1st (70) Utah 294-283-299=876
- 2nd Denver 300-279-303=882
- T-3rd (51) Ohio State 291-284-309=884
- T-3rd (59) San Jose State 299-284-301=884
- 5th Fresno State 300-281-305=886
- 6th (10) SMU 299-287-301=887
- 7th (19) N.C. State 308-282-299=889
- 8th (65) Boise State 302-284-304=890
- 9th (32) Oregon 301-290-300=891
- 10th (54) Oregon State 300-291-305=896
- 11th USC Upstate 300-298-299=897
- 12th (80) UNC Wilmington 308-290-303=901
- 13th Idaho 321-290-301=912
- 14th CSU-Northridge 309-292-315=916
- 15th Washington State 320-298-306=924
- T-16th Utah Valley 315-297-315=927
- T-16th Gonzaga 310-297-320=927
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-19th Reid Bedell 75-72-74=221
- T-24th Jordan Warnock 72-77-74=223
- T-33rd Matt Carter 75-73-76=224
- T-79th Hunter Fry 85-76-75=236
- T-87th Sun Paripunna 78-77-82=237
- USC Upstate returns to the course March 22-24 at the Furman Intercollegiate in Greenville, S.C.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).