Bandon, Ore. – Reid Bedell carded a low round of even-par 72 on Monday to lead the USC Upstate men's golf team on day two of the Bandon Dunes Championship from the par 72, 6954-yard Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, the number one golf resort in North America.
USC Upstate posted a second round score of 298 and is currently in a tie for 11th place with No. 80 UNC Wilmington at 598 (300-298).
No. 51 Ohio State leads the Bandon Dunes Championship through two rounds by two strokes over No. 70 Utah at 575. Denver's Esteban Missura and Blake Tomlinson of Utah are tied atop the individual leaderboard at 5-under par 139.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- The Spartans are seven strokes back of No. 32 Oregon and No. 54 Oregon State in ninth place and eight behind No. 19 N.C. State in eighth.
- As a team, USC Upstate finished its final nine holes of the day at 1-over par.
- Bedell turned in the lowest score of the day for the Spartans with a 72 and presently sits as the top individual performer in a tie for 23rd place at 147 (75-72).
- Matt Carter had the second lowest round of the day, 73, and is one stroke behind Bedell on the leaderboard tied for 30th position with a combined score of 148 (75-73).
- Jordan Warnock and Sun Paripunna both contributed rounds of 77 on Monday and are tied for 40th and 78th places, respectively. Warnock has a total score of 149 (72-77) and Paripunna 155 (78-77).
- Hunter Fry improved his second round score by nine strokes with a 76 and rounds out the individual leaderboard tied for 100th at 161 (85-76).
- USC Upstate has compiled a 3.40 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.24 stroke average in par 4 scoring and even-par, 5.00 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans have also registered 102 pars and 26 birdies.
- Fry and Warnock lead the team in par 3 scoring with a 3.25 stroke average.
- Bedell adds a team-leading even-par, 4.00 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Carter is at 2-under with a 4.75 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Warnock and Bedell both ended the second round at 1-under par with a 4.88 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell ranks tied for second among the tournament field with 26 pars.
- Warnock has a team-high eight birdies while Carter adds six, Bedell five, Paripunna four and Fry three.
- 1st (51) Ohio State 291-284=575
- 2nd (70) Utah 294-283=577
- 3rd Denver 300-279=579
- 4th Fresno State 300-281=581
- 5th (59) San Jose State 299-284=583
- T-6th (10) SMU 299-287=586
- T-6th (65) Boise State 302-284=586
- 8th (19) N.C. State 308-282=590
- T-9th (54) Oregon State 300-291=591
- T-9th (32) Oregon 301-290=591
- T-11th (80) UNC Wilmington 308-290=598
- T-11th USC Upstate 300-298=598
- 13th CSU-Northridge 309-292=601
- 14th Gonzaga 310-297=607
- 15th Idaho 321-290=611
- 16th Utah Valley 315-297=612
- 17th Washington State 320-299=619
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-23rd Reid Bedell 75-72=147
- T-30th Matt Carter 75-73=148
- T-40th Jordan Warnock 72-77=149
- T-78th Sun Paripunna 78-77=155
- T-100th Hunter Fry 85-76=161
- The final round of the Bandon Dunes Championship will tee off on Tuesday morning.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).