Camden, S.C. – Jordan Warnock posted back-to-back rounds of 70 to open play at the Camden Collegiate Invitational for the USC Upstate men's golf team on Saturday and is tied for fifth place at the par 70, 6455-yard Camden Country Club.
USC Upstate compiled rounds of 282 and 288 to shoot a combined score of 570 and is in fourth place of the team standings. The Spartans are just three strokes back of day one leaders Furman and USC Aiken.
Furman and USC Aiken are tied atop the team leaderboard at 567. Top Kamnark of USC Aiken is in first place of the individual standings after shooting 4-under par 136.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Warnock posted two straight rounds of 70 and is tied for fifth place overall at even-par 140.
- Reid Bedell had the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate at 2-under 68 in the first round while Sun Paripunna followed in the second with a 1-under par 69.
- Paripunna and Bedell are both tied for 11th place with total scores of 143. Paripunna carded rounds of 74-69 and Bedell 68-75.
- Matt Carter sits in a tie for 20th place with a combined score of 146 (71-75).
- Hunter Fry rounds out the individual leaderboard for the Spartans tied for 24th place at 147 (73-74).
- Playing as individuals, Sam Merrell sits in 49th position while Sean Stanistreet is in 54th place. Merrell posted a day one score of 153 (77-76) and Stanistreet a 159 (80-79).
- USC Upstate finished the first day of competition with a 3.24 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.18 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 2-under with a 4.87 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 56 pars and 12 birdies which ties them for fourth-most among the tournament field.
- Paripunna leads USC Upstate in par 3 scoring, par 4 scoring and birdies. He is tied for first at the tournament with a 2-under, 2.60 stroke average in par 3 scoring and six birdies. Paripunna also tallied a 4.10 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Warnock contributed an even-par, 3.00 stroke average in par 3 scoring and a team-best 2-under, 4.33 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- Bedell has a team-leading 13 pars heading into the final round.
- T-1st Furman 282-285=567
- T-1st USC Aiken 284-283=567
- 3rd Francis Marion 291-278=569
- 4th USC Upstate 282-288=570
- 5th Limestone 290-287=577
- 6th Gardner-Webb 293-285=578
- T-7th Charleston Southern 294-292=586
- T-7th Presbyterian College 295-291=586
- 9th Dartmouth 299-291=590
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-5th Jordan Warnock 70-70=140
- T-11th Sun Paripunna 74-69=143
- T-11th Reid Bedell 68-75=143
- T-20th Matt Carter 71-75=146
- T-24th Hunter Fry 73-74=147
- 49th Sam Merrell 77-76=153 (Playing as individual)
- 54th Sean Stanistreet 80-79=159 (Playing as individual)
- The final round of the Camden Collegiate Invitational will tee off at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).