Braselton, Ga. – Jordan Warnock had a final round 73 and compiled a top-20 finish along with Matt Carter as the USC Upstate men's golf team wrapped up play at the rain-shortened ASUN Men's Golf Championships on Tuesday from the par 70, 6577-yard Legends Course at Chateau Elan.
USC Upstate posted a final round 305 and finished in seventh place after shooting a combined score of 608 (303-305).
North Florida won the ASUN Men's Golf Championship with a two-round score of 564, defeating second place Lipscomb by five strokes. Lipscomb's Dawson Armstrong captured individual medalist honors winning by three strokes at 7-under par 135.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Carter compiled the top individual performance for the Spartans with his second straight top-15 finish at the ASUN Men's Golf Championships, placing tied for 14th with a final round 76 to shoot 148 (72-76) overall.
- Warnock recorded the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate with a 73 and tallied a tied for 19th place showing at 150 (77-73).
- Reid Bedell had his second straight round of 77 to finish tied for 27th place at 154 (77-77).
- Sun Paripunna and Hunter Fry rounded out the individual standings for the Spartans in 33rd and tied for 34th places. Paripunna tallied a total score of 162 (77-85) and Fry 163 (84-79).
- USC Upstate concluded the tournament with a 3.29 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.42 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 5.34 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also collected 104 pars, 11 birdies and one eagle.
- Carter led the team in par 3 scoring with an even-par, 3.00 stroke average and tied for the team-lead in par 5 scoring at 1-over and a 5.14 stroke average.
- Carter was also first on the team with 26 pars.
- Bedell and Warnock tied with Carter in par 5 scoring with a 1-over par score and 5.14 stroke average.
- Warnock had a team-best 4.20 stroke average in par 4 scoring and four birdies.
- Carter added three birdies while Fry and Bedell had two apiece.
- Bedell recorded the team's only eagle of the tournament on the par 5 ninth hole.
- 1st North Florida 285-279=564
- 2nd Lipscomb 286-283=569
- 3rd Jacksonville 302-284=586
- 4th Kennesaw State 296-292=588
- 5th Florida Gulf Coast 307-291=598
- 6th Stetson 313-290=603
- 7th USC Upstate 303-305=608
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-14th Matt Carter 72-76=148
- T-19th Jordan Warnock 77-73=150
- T-27th Reid Bedell 77-77=154
- 33rd Sun Paripunna 77-85=162
- T-34th Hunter Fry 84-79=163
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).