Greenville, S.C. – The USC Upstate men's golf team carded a final round 299, while Matt Carter recorded the top individual performance, as the Spartans wrapped up play at the Furman Intercollegiate on Sunday from the par 72, 7031-yard Furman University Golf Course.
USC Upstate concluded tournament play in 12th place after shooting a combined score of 896 (299-298-299) after its second round of 299 this weekend.
North Florida won the Furman Intercollegiate by 18 strokes at 847 while UNF's Phillip Knowles took home individual medalist honors by three strokes over Andrew Alligood of North Florida at 9-under 207.
A LOOK AT THE SCORECARD
- Carter compiled the Spartans top individual finish of the tournament following his final round 78 and placed in a tie for 32nd at 222 (71-73-78).
- Jordan Warnock had the lowest round of the day for USC Upstate, improving his score by four strokes, with a 73 and tied for 42nd place at 223 (73-77-73).
- Hunter Fry and Sun Paripunna posted identical rounds of 74 to finish in a tie for 58th and 96th places, respectively. Fry finished at 226 (78-74-74) and Paripunna 234 (77-83-74).
- Reid Bedell rounded out the leaderboard for the Spartans, shooting a final round 81 to place tied for 106th at 237 (82-74-81).
- USC Upstate concluded the tournament with a 3.47 stroke average in par 3 scoring, 4.25 stroke average in par 4 scoring and 3-under, 4.95 stroke average in par 5 scoring.
- The Spartans also registered 153 pars and 35 birdies during the three-day tournament.
- Carter led USC Upstate in par 3 scoring (3.33 stroke average) and par 5 scoring (-2, 4.83 stroke average) while tying for fifth in the tournament with a team-leading 37 pars.
- Warnock added a 4.07 stroke average in par 4 scoring.
- Fry tied with Carter for the team-lead in par 5 scoring at 2-under par with a 4.83 stroke average.
- Warnock was 1-under with a 4.92 stroke average in par 5 scoring while Bedell tallied an even-par, 5.00 stroke average.
- Warnock had a team-high nine birdies.
- Along with the nine birdies from Warnock, Paripunna added eight, Carter and Fry seven each, and Bedell four.
- 1st North Florida 278-285-284=847
- 2nd West Virginia 290-283-292=865
- 3rd Virginia Tech 289-291-287=867
- T-4th USC Aiken 283-294-298=875
- T-4th Furman 295-287-293=875
- 6th Yale 288-290-301=879
- 7th James Madison 295-288-300=883
- T-8th Gardner-Webb 294-287-303=884
- T-8th Francis Marion 295-289-300=884
- 10th Akron 305-290-298=893
- 11th Wichita State 304-287-303=894
- 12th USC Upstate 299-298-299=986
- T-13th Dartmouth 302-299-301=902
- T-13th Winthrop 302-298-302=902
- 15th Harvard 301-301-301=903
- 16th Marshall 302-294-309=905
- 17th High Point 309-302-298=909
- 18th Charleston Southern 305-303-306=914
- 19th Presbyterian College 314-296-306=916
- 20th Temple 309-302-313=924
- 21st Samford 311-315-304=930
USC UPSTATE PARTICIPANTS
- T-32nd Matt Carter 71-73-78=222
- T-42nd Jordan Warnock 73-77-73=223
- T-58th Hunter Fry 78-74-74=226
- T-96th Sun Paripunna 77-83-74=234
- T-106th Reid Bedell 82-74-81=237
- The Spartans travel to Nashville, Tenn. April 9-10 for the Ryman Hospitality Intercollegiate.
Follow USC Upstate men's golf on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateMWGolf), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).