Spartanburg, S.C. – The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles hit four home runs as part of a 14-1 win over USC Upstate at Harley Park in an ASUN Conference game on Saturday afternoon.
Florida Gulf Coast improves to 26-11 overall and 4-4 in the ASUN while USC Upstate drops to 21-21-1 and 4-7.
- Top 1st – The Eagles scored runs on an error, a Richie Garcia single and a sacrifice fly for a 3-0 lead.
- Top 3rd – Garcia doubled to left field and scored on the play as a result of an error.
- Top 4th – Gage Morey led off with a double, advanced to third on a groundout and scored on a sacrifice fly.
- Top 5th – The Eagles scored seven runs in the inning. Garcia led off the frame with a solo home run. After a single, Jay Hayes hit a two-run home run for an 8-0 lead. The Eagles added a run on a fielder's choice before Alex Brait hit a three-run home run.
- Bottom 8th – USC Upstate got on the board as Andres Kim scored on a fielder's choice.
- Top 9th – Marc Coffers hit a two-run home run.
- Pat Raiff went 2-for-4 with a double and triple.
- Toran Shahidi was 2-for-5 with two singles.
- Garcia went 4-for-5 with a single, double, home run, two runs scored and two RBI.
- Coffers and Brait each had two hits and three RBI.
- USC Upstate stranded 11 baserunners while Florida Gulf Coast left six runners on base.
- Josh Dye (6-2) earned the win, allowing five hits with two walks and four strikeouts in 7.0 innings.
- Jordan Marks (2-5) took the loss, allowing seven runs, five earned, on nine hits with two walks and a strikeout as he pitched into the fifth inning.
- USC Upstate and Florida Gulf Coast conclude the series tomorrow at Noon.
Follow USC Upstate baseball on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateBSB), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).