Jacksonville, Fla. – The North Florida Ospreys scored one run in the sixth, seventh, and eighth innings in a 3-0 win over USC Upstate on Friday evening at Harmon Stadium.
North Florida improves to 15-15 overall and 2-2 in the ASUN Conference while USC Upstate drops to 15-16-1 and 1-3.
- Bottom 6th – Jay Prather's single with two outs brought home Blake Voyles for the first run of the game.
- Bottom 7th – The Ospreys added a run on a groundout.
- Bottom 8th – Raff Libunao's sacrifice fly brought home the game's final run.
- Charlie Carpenter, Jake Bourke, Russell Schwertfeger and Andres Kim each had a single.
- Chris Berry and Tanner Murphy each had three hits to lead the Ospreys.
- North Florida stranded 11 runners while USC Upstate left six runners on base.
- Frank German (5-1) earned the win as he scattered four hits with one walk and seven strikeouts over 8.0 shutout innings.
- Brad Deppermannn (2) recorded the save with a scoreless ninth.
- Kevin Hickey (2-1) took the loss as he allowed two runs on 11 hits with two walks and one strikeout in 7.0 innings.
- USC Upstate and North Florida continue the series tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. Saturday's start time has been moved up one hour due to the threat of thunderstorms later in the afternoon.
Follow Upstate baseball on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateBSB), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).