Kennesaw, Ga. – Kennesaw State used a six-run first inning to complete a weekend sweep of USC Upstate as the Owls claimed a 9-2 win at Stillwell Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Kennesaw State improves to 15-17 overall and 4-2 in the ASUN while Upstate falls to 14-20 and 1-5.
- Bottom 1st – Kennesaw State scored six runs on three singles, a sacrifice fly, and a two-run triple.
- Bottom 2nd - Cory Greeson scored on a Chris Erwin double.
- Bottom 5th – The Owls added a run thanks to a LaDonis Bryant sacrifice fly.
- Top 7th – J.J. Shimko scored on a Chris Rodriguez double followed by a Jordan Miller sacrifice fly that scored Drake Harris.
- Bottom 8th – Bryant scored on a Grant Williams single.
- Rodriguez and Shimko led Upstate with two hits each.
- Austin Upshaw had a game-high three hits for Kennesaw State.
- Erwin and David Chabut each drove in two runs.
- Mason Ward (3-2) earned the win as he allowed two runs on four hits with one walk and eight strikeouts in 6.1 innings.
- Blake Whitney (4-3) took the loss after allowing seven runs in 1.1 innings.
- Upstate travels to Furman on Tuesday. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m.