Kernersville, N.C. – The USC Upstate men's and women's cross country teams battled cold and rainy weather conditions on Friday to record fifth place finishes at the Big South Cross Country Championships hosted by High Point at the Ivey M. Redmond Sports Complex.
The USC Upstate men registered a total of 124 points and the women 160 in the team standings as both squads logged fifth place performances.
- Krysta Pierstorff and Jonathan Johnson posted career-best finishes to lead the Spartans individually.
- Pierstorff finished one spot away from All-Conference honors after concluding the race in 13th place with a team-leading time of 19:07.2.
- Johnson collected an 18th place performance to lead the men's team following a time of 27:29.1.
- The women posted a 5K average time of 20:24 while the men turned in an 8K average time of 27:45.
- High Point won the women's race with an average time of 18:30 while Campbell captured the men's race with an average time of 25:50.
- High Point's Famke Heinst won the women's race with a time of 17:53.8.
- In the men's race, Lawrence Kipkoech crossed the finish line in first place with a time of 25:07.3.
USC UPSTATE WOMEN'S 5K RESULTS
- Krysta Pierstorff – 13th (19:07.2)
- Mia Davis – 32nd (20:26.6)
- Shamia Thompson – 40th (20:40.4)
- Marcy Bradshaw – 45th (20:51.0)
- Stecy Cherono – 48th (20:57.4)
- Alicia Chavez – 58th (21:26.0)
- Allie Leavitt – 62nd (21:31.0)
- Joey Palmquist – 63rd (21:32.7)
- Brawnwyn Koellner – 73rd (22:33.6)
- Libby Jennette – 77th (23:02.2)
USC UPSTATE MEN'S 8K RESULTS
- Jonathan Johnson – 18th (27:29.1)
- Andrew Castano – 20th (27:31.9)
- Marlin Young – 25th (27:49.2)
- Michael Tardella – 29th (27:57.7)
- Jacob Coccia – 32nd (28:01.7)
- Jared Coccia – 39th (28:24.1)
- Brandon Burt – 42nd (28:27.0)
- Jonathan Loy – 43rd (28:32.7)
- Logan Miller – 46th (28:34.8)
- Matt Levonick – 58th (29:35.4)
- USC Upstate closes out its season on Friday, Nov. 9 traveling to Rock Hill, S.C. for the NCAA Southeast Regional beginning at 11 a.m.
Follow USC Upstate cross country on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/e-mail alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).