Spartanburg, S.C. – The USC Upstate cross country team posted eight season-best times on Saturday morning as the Spartans hosted the Upstate Invitational from Milliken Research Center.
The USC Upstate men registered a third-place performance while the women finished 10th.
- A total of eight Spartan runners compiled season-best times in Jonathan Johnson, Matt Levonick, Jonathan Loy, Mia Davis, Stecy Cherono, Alicia Chavez, Allie Leavitt and Libby Jennette.
- Andrew Castano was the top individual performer for the USC Upstate men crossing the finish line in 15th place with an 8K time of 26:48.6.
- Krysta Pierstorff led the Spartan women with a 31st place finish after running a 5K time of 19:35.8.
- The men totaled 105 points with a total time of 2:17:45.
- The women compiled 249 points with a total time of 1:41:50.
- Appalachian State won both the men's and women's races.
- In the women's race, Phylissa Greeley of Appalachian State won after crossing the finish line in 18:04.8.
- Adam Freudenthal, running unattached, won the men's race with a time of 24:51.6.
USC UPSTATE WOMEN'S 5K RESULTS
- Krysta Pierstorff – 31st (19:35.8)
- Mia Davis – 48th (20:00.6)
- Stecy Cherono – 65th (20:33.2)
- Marcy Bradshaw – 69th (20:42.5)
- Shamia Thompson – 81st (20:57.1)
- Alicia Chavez – 90th (21:15.1)
- Joey Palmquist – 100th (21:41.2)
- Allie Leavitt – 106th (21:48.3)
- Libby Jennette – 132nd (23:22.3)
- Brawnwyn Koellner – 147th (23:59.8)
USC UPSTATE MEN'S 8K RESULTS
- Andrew Castano – 15th (26:48.6)
- Jonathan Johnson – 19th (27:09.2)
- Jacob Coccia – 23rd (27:25.5)
- Brandon Burt – 40th (28:10.5)
- Jared Coccia – 41st (28:11.2)
- Michael Tardella – 47th (28:19.7)
- Logan Miller – 50th (28:21.5)
- Matt Levonick – 64th (28:59.7)
- USC Upstate travels to Charlotte, N.C. on Friday, Oct. 12 for the Queens Invitational.
Follow USC Upstate cross country on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).