Newton, N.C. – Dorian Jones turned in a fourth place finish to lead the USC Upstate cross country team on Thursday evening as the Spartans set numerous personal-best times at the Lenoir-Rhyne Invitational.
The USC Upstate men registered a third place performance while the women's team finished tied for third.
- For the second straight race, Jones was the top performer for the men's team posting a season-best finish of fourth place with an 8K time of 25:46.66.
- Krysta Pierstorff also led the Spartan women for the second consecutive meet after running the 5K course in 19:34.09 to finish in 17th place.
- The men logged a total time of 2:13:24.63 and an average time of 26:40.93 for a total of 94 points.
- The women compiled a total time of 1:42:29.87 and an average time of 20:29.98 for 88 total points.
- Appalachian State won both the women's and men's races after compiling 15 and 23 points, respectively.
- Phylissa Greeley of Appalachian State captured the women's race with a time of 18:05.52.
- Carson-Newman's Luke Greer won the men's race after a time of 25:37.64.
USC UPSTATE WOMEN'S 5K RESULTS
- Krysta Pierstorff – 17th (19:34.09)
- Mia Davis – 24th (20:22.25)
- Shamia Thompson – 28th (20:36.75)
- Marcy Bradshaw – 32nd (20:42.42)
- Stecy Cherono – 41st (21:14.36)
- Joey Palmquist – 42nd (21:16.43)
- Alicia Chavez – 44th (21:19.65)
- Allie Leavitt – 47th (21:50.78)
- Libby Jennette – 56th (24:41.72)
USC UPSTATE MEN'S 8K RESULTS
- Dorian Jones – 4th (25:46.66)
- Jacob Coccia – 18th (26:30.89)
- Andrew Castano – 22nd (26:37.34)
- Jonathan Johnson – 32nd (27:13.40)
- Jared Coccia – 33rd (27:16.34)
- Marlin Young – 37th (27:26.81)
- Michael Tardella – 39th (27:27.75)
- Logan Miller – 42nd (27:37.76)
- Jonathan Loy – 49th (28:11.58)
- Matt Levonick – 56th (28:47.05)
- USC Upstate hosts the Upstate Invitational on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 9 a.m. from Milliken Research Center.
Follow USC Upstate cross country on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).