DURHAM, N.C. – USC Upstate track & field team competed at the Duke Invitational this past weekend posting multiple top-ten finishes in a variety of events.
- Freshman sprinter Angelnique Bryant had another top-three finish this weekend in the 100 meter dash event. Bryant clocked in a time of 11.70 seconds.
- Adanma Uzor had a sixth place finish in the women's triple jump event with a leap of 12.23 meters.
- The women's 4x100 meter relay team of Brittany Cox, Angelnique Bryant, Jasmine Brown and Dejaionne Kinard came in ninth place with a time of 46.96 seconds.
- Jonathan Johnson ran the second fastest steeple chase time in school history with a time of 10:01.71 seconds. The time was also a personal best for Johnson.
- Jacob Coccia set a new personal record in the steeple chase with a time of 10:23.06 seconds. The mark also places Coccia with the fifth fastest time in USC Upstate history.
- Marlin Young ran the ninth fastest 5000 meter run in school history with a time of 15:24.78. It was also a personal best for Young.
Women's Personal Records:
- Ting O'Regan- 5,000 meters (21:44.52)
- Bailey Wensler – 1500 meter (4:59.37) & 800 meter (2:25.87)
- Mia Davis – 1500 meter (4:59.58)
- Jasmine Brown – 200 meter (25.27)
Men's Personal Records:
- The USC Upstate track and field team will be back in action this weekend at the Don McGarey Invitational in Kennesaw, Ga.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).