CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The USC Upstate track & field team did not show any rust after a week off of competition, the Spartans had nine top-five finishes this weekend.
- Angelnique Bryant won the women's 100 meter dash event with a time of 11.98 seconds.
- The women's 4x100 meter relay team (Bryant, Cox, J. Brown and Kinard) came in third place at the invite. The relay team ran their best time of the season, clocking in at 47.05 seconds.
- Adanma Uzor placed fifth in the triple jump with a leap of 11.46 meters.
- Kalyn Brown had a top-five finish in the women's shot put event with a throw of 12.75 meters.
- Tony Auguste came in fifth place in the men's hammer throw event with a throw of 50.65 meters. Auguste's throw ranks second all-time at USC Upstate.
- Ari Jahanfar just missed out on the podium with a fourth place finish in the men's triple jump event. Jahanfar had a leap of 13.43 meters.
- Jaquille Mosley's throw of 45.82 meters placed him fourth in the men's javelin event.
- The men's 4x100 meter relay team (Smith, Nance, Jamison and Holston) just missed the podium with a time of 42.23 seconds.
- Brittany Cox came in sixth place in the women's 100 meter hurdles event with a time of 14.74 seconds.
- Jasmine Brown clocked in at 12.57 seconds in the 100 meter dash, earning her an eighth place finish in the event.
- Mikenzie Young-Mullins just squeaked in to the top-10 of the women's 400 meter hurdle event. Young-Mullins time of 1:07.51 ranks fourth in USC Upstate history.
- Tony Auguste had sixth place finishes in both the Men's discus event and the shot put event.
- Bryson Hatten finished eighth overall in the men's hammer throw event with a throw of 46.17 meters. The throw ranks fourth all-time in school history. Hatten also had an eighth place finish in the men's javelin throw.
- Tashaun Wallace had a top-ten finish in the men's javelin event with a throw of 33.50 meters.
- Jalen Pickett-Hicks finished ninth overall in the men's shot put event with a throw of 12.84 meters.
- Elam Pearson just missed out on the top-five with a leap of 6.71 meters in the men's long jump event.
- Lonnie Morton had a pair of top-ten finishes in the 110 meter hurdles event and the 400 meter hurdles event. Morton's time of 55.07 seconds ranks fifth all-time in program history.
- Antonio Nance had a pair of sixth place finishes in both the 100 meter and 200 meter events.
- Fellow sprinter Javin Holston hade a pair of seventh place finishes in the 100 and 200 meter events.
- Jared Henderson finished in the top-ten of the 100 meter dash event with a time of 11.21 seconds.
Women's Personal Records:
- Bailey Wensler- 1500m
- Joey Palmquist- 1500m
- Ting O'Regan- 1500m
- Allie Leavitt- 800m
- Mikenzie Young-Mullins- 400m Hurdles
Men's Personal Records:
- Tony Auguste- Hammer
- Bryson Hatten- Hammer
- Marlin Young- 1500m & 800m
- Jonathan Johnson- 1500m
- Michael Tardella- 1500m
- Lucas Campbell- 800m
- Lonnie Morton- 400m Hurdles
- Javin Holston – 200m
- Michael Jamison- 200m
- The USC Upstate track and field team will be back in action this weekend at the Duke Invite in Durham, N.C.
Follow USC Upstate track & field on Facebook (UpstateAthletics), Twitter (@UpstateXCTrack), Instagram (@upstatespartans), YouTube (USCUpstateAthletics) and text/email alerts (www.upstatespartans.com/list-signup).